Pico Duarte, fun?

DGrullon

Feb 25, 2009
I'm 19 and I'm going with my 25 yr old cousin. I'm hiking for the first time and I'm going with some organization in April. Does anybody know the average age of the people that go and how much fun is it?

Aug 19, 2004
I don't think average age has any real relevance - more important is your level of fitness. As to "how much fun it is" that can only be a personal judgement.

rortiz79

Aug 8, 2008
I am dying to go and hike Pico Duarte!!!! My brother in law just went and had a blast. One day I will get to go and take 1000's of pictures!

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
I am dying to go and hike Pico Duarte!!!! My brother in law just went and had a blast. One day I will get to go and take 1000's of pictures!

Going to Pico Duarte is one of the best expririence someone can have in the DR... the view is breathe taken
the pure and fresh air give you the feeling you are in another world
the fun....i did fall down like 10000 of times before getting there and everytime someone fall the rest were laughing out loud

I did it with el medio tours at the time i was still studying in 99'..i dont know if they still do those kind of excursions

go and you wont regret it

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Hahaha yes I took 1000s of pics too. Know what happened? It was raining all night long up there and when we went down the following day, it was so muddy that I decided to continue on the donkey, because it took me the shoes off every few meters. So imagine what!!?? The donkey fell and I with him! Everything full of mud. When I got back to the hotel I realized that I lost the rolls with all the pics from the other day hiking up there :surprised

Well however it was a great experience and unforgettable trip!

Can only recommend it...

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Hahaha yes I took 1000s of pics too. Know what happened? It was raining all night long up there and when we went down the following day, it was so muddy that I decided to continue on the donkey, because it took me the shoes off every few meters. So imagine what!!?? The donkey fell and I with him! Everything full of mud. When I got back to the hotel I realized that I lost the rolls with all the pics from the other day hiking up there :surprised

Well however it was a great experience and unforgettable trip!

Can only recommend it...

hahaha Cibae?o ayyyyyyyy haha...since everybody were laughing i decided to do it myself...Not donkey for me and yes, its always muddy...when i finally got there my skin and the mud were the same thing, to dont tell you how sore my body was next day...

so nice memories for when i get old lol