cell phones Puerta Plata

Lorne

Feb 13, 2008
I need some information,I'm in Canada,I have 3 friends in Puerta Plata who I call each week on their cell phones so it won't cost them anything.
This week when I called all three phones , the message is, this number is no longer in service.
Has something happened with the cell service provider??
Its unusual that all 3 numbers would be out of service.The area codes are 809 and 829

Thanks for the help!!

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Lorne,
I call daily both those area codes and they are indeed working - good luck!

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
calling to both and cell and landline both are working

Last edited:

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
the three cell phones are they claro by chance? and especially if the phones have a chip???

i am in the states at the moment and calling the hubby's claro cell and all i get is "su llamada no puede ser completada como fue marcada" "number you have dialed cannot be completed as dialed" this is common with claro...since the mexicans took over claro...this is like everyday...so i go to the claro dominican website and send text messages they are free

even claro to claro calls in d.r. i get this message, or the calls stays hanging - we are changing soon to orange

good luck

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I get this with Claro too, calling from Skype or other VoIP services it says the number does not exists or can not be completed... !? (as mentioned above). This doesn't happen in DR, from Orange --> Claro (not that I recall anyway).

Next day it works fine, so it seems to be occasional, maybe they don't have the bandwidth at busy time and just throw a message like that.