Need a 55 inch Television repair Man

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
I live in Gurabo, Santiago. I have a 55 Inch Mitsubishi HD "floor model" television.
If anyone knows of a repairman who is experienced with this type of repair I would greatly appreciate a heads up.
I turn the tv on and the green power button comes on and stays on for about two seconds ...then shuts off.
The TV was hooked up with a surge protector. All of the other products that were on the same surge protector are ok i.e DVD Player, Sony 7.1 Receiver, FTA receiver.
And answers or suggestions are appreciated.

Nov 25, 2008
I guess from this forum you have no warranty, so its over 1 year old, your best bet is to go to Plaza Lama, Pricesmart, Corripio and ask them where do they send their TV for repairs; be careful of people saying they know how to fix; on these TV everyone says their an expert, trial and error, their trial [practice] and your error [$].

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
jorgesarduysousa,
I asked a reputable "laptop" repair shop that i have dealt with and gotten nothing but success. They recommended a company called LARO computer in Carretera Gurabo at LARO COMPUTER.
They insist that I bring my huge television to them. I think before i drag it to them i will take "your" advice and try to talk to the dealers of these televisions. "IF" they will give advice. I am sure most will try to pursuade me to purchase a new television from them. Which I have no intention of doing.
Thanks for the heads up.............and BTW...the tv was shipped over here four years ago when I came. This model came out in 2002.

EM2Thrasher

Jun 29, 2008
A friend of mine had a similar problem with his projection TV, turned out being that the capacitor(s) was(were) bad. Once they were replaced all was good.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
It sounds like a cap is letting go. Any visible fuses that you could check? Don't it but worth looking into. Good luck