Costa Azul Golf and Playa Dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidishin

Jul 13, 2008
Hi everyone! We are having a lovely time in Cabarete this week, with the weather nearly perfect and everything honed according to the board's help. Just one more question:

My three brothers, who are amateur but enthusiastic golfers, want to golf in a more laid back/cheap way this afternoon after a daytrip to Playa Grande that was fun but expensive. We drove by Costa Azul the other day -- what's their story? The one phone number that comes up online is wrong (the guy told me I'd called Century 21), and they don't seem to have a website. Have they closed or something?

In the meantime, another member of our party wants to get off the beach and see a city, but I suspect she only actually wants a small taste of "authenticity" (as she's rather sensitive) so we're going to the Carretera Turistica and maybe some sights in Puerto Plata. Should I just take the menfolk with me and drop them off at Playa Dorada instead? Is it worth the price? (Apparently less than PG but more than CA.)

Thanks, everyone!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Playa Dorada is a decent course, but no where near being in the class of Playa Grande.

Cost is about US$100. About the same as Playa Grande

I paid yesterday (rough conversions from pesos) US$70 green fee + $15 cart + $12 caddy fee + tip

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Playa Dorada is a decent course, but no where near being in the class of Playa Grande.

Cost is about US$100. About the same as Playa Grande

I paid yesterday (rough conversions from pesos) US$70 green fee + $15 cart + $12 caddy fee + tip

And so to ensure he got his money's worth, he took more shots than some others playing!! :cheeky:

Time for you to discuss RESIDENTIAL rates at the course CFA. Take your residencia to Chio & ask him to sanction your inclusion in his special rates for Residents!! ~ Grahame.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The Costa Azul golf course (and it use the term with tounge in cheek) is open, or at least three or four holes are open when not under water. Course is in disrepair and they were charging an arm and a leg last time i checked.

Second we took the Carretera Turistica yesterday. It is now no worse then ever with some rough patches. In some places the road is now narrower because of recent wash outs, but sill very passable. If not in a big SUV you will need to take it easy. We went to Santiago on the Mocca road and returned on the Turistica road. It was 30 min quicker on the return. There is lots of local traffic from Mocca to Santiago when going that way.

Bob K

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Let's make it clear, Costa Azul is NOT a golf course. Not in the opinion of any golfer I know. Signs say whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.