enjoying HD Satellite television

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
For anybody interested in HD television, I have been enjoying HD TV for several months now. I got an nFusion HD receiver and two dishes, where I pick up 3 satellites (two LNB's on one dish). The only thing I don't get is CBS/NBC/ABC in HD but of course I get those channels in regular mode, along with all PPV's and hundreds of others channels. I got a 67 inch DLP screen and the picture is amazing on the HD channels. All for a one time fee and no subscription or monthly payments. There are two suppliers here on the north coast that can hook you up with the equipment, PM me if you want the contacts.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
For anybody interested in HD television, I have been enjoying HD TV for several months now. I got an nFusion HD receiver and two dishes, where I pick up 3 satellites (two LNB's on one dish). The only thing I don't get is CBS/NBC/ABC in HD but of course I get those channels in regular mode, along with all PPV's and hundreds of others channels. I got a 67 inch DLP screen and the picture is amazing on the HD channels. All for a one time fee and no subscription or monthly payments. There are two suppliers here on the north coast that can hook you up with the equipment, PM me if you want the contacts.

this is FTA I assume

FTA = Free To Air

many FTA channels are free but hackers decrypt it hence obtaining "hundreds" of channels and PPV for a one time fee ( or at least until they knock it down and a new fix is out).

M

MirianAmor

Not that I'd be too worried about it, but having a connection to the internet gives an IP address that allows authorities the ability to track you down for signal theft.

Most FTA sites won't even allow posts about the nfusion boxes.

Try this

.nfusionforum.com/forum/nova-discussion-area-10/

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
I concur with Conchman. The nfusion HD setup is awesome. I have one and am not only extremely pleased but shocked at the breathtaking clarity it brings.
However I woke up today and my channels were "DOWN"(no service available).
Leading me to believe my local serviceman and I (both who are new to Nfusion brands) may have hooked the receiver to the internet in error. But this does not take away from the prior statements from Conchman about how vivid, strong and breathtaking the channels come in and "So many to choose from".
Now I need to call around and find out why my automatic internet update did not update.

M

MirianAmor

I concur with Conchman. The nfusion HD setup is awesome. I have one and am not only extremely pleased but shocked at the breathtaking clarity it brings.
However I woke up today and my channels were "DOWN"(no service available).
Leading me to believe my local serviceman and I (both who are new to Nfusion brands) may have hooked the receiver to the internet in error. But this does not take away from the prior statements from Conchman about how vivid, strong and breathtaking the channels come in and "So many to choose from".
Now I need to call around and find out why my automatic internet update did not update.

If you are NOT hooked to the internet, you will get a Suns Disconnected message. Up and running here. Go to the Website I posted above and ask away. They are really so helpful. You know there is new soft ware. I just checked.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Not that I'd be too worried about it, but having a connection to the internet gives an IP address that allows authorities the ability to track you down for signal theft.

Most FTA sites won't even allow posts about the nfusion boxes.

true, but I doubt Dominican authorities will be enforcing satellite reception laws, if they even exist, any time soon.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Awesome! Do you get Discovery HD and all that good stuff too?

Yes, Disc HD, Hist HD, AnimalPl HD, TLC HD, AE HD, Hallmark Movies HD, Universal HD, many Show/HBO HD's, SciFic HD, the list goes on and on and I believe there is a new channel coming out in HD about every month.

only thing I'm missing is ABC, NBC, CBS in HD....guess I would need to point at a different satellite for that.

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
After sending a PM to Conchman and getting some good advice my receiver kicked back on with all my favorite 800 channels............but I do have three LNB's.
I was told to expect 800...personally I find what I estimate to be 1100 with three(3) LNB's.

Jan 9, 2004
Cnbc?

While I am getting up to speed on the various satellite systems, I have two questions. Do any of you know if CNBC is available (HD or otherwise), and how big a satellite dish(es) would be necessary in the Bavaro area.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
While I am getting up to speed on the various satellite systems, I have two questions. Do any of you know if CNBC is available (HD or otherwise), and how big a satellite dish(es) would be necessary in the Bavaro area.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

CNBC I get in both regular and HD, you would probably need a 6 foot dish but there is a chance you could get it on a 4foot.

Jan 9, 2004
Thanks...

for your info.

From what I have read Bavaro is on the edge of the satellite(s) footprint and the larger dish (6') seems to be the way to go.

Additionally, would you recommend a motorized dish...or is that overkill and just one more thing to break down?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

QUOTE=Conchman;731214]CNBC I get in both regular and HD, you would probably need a 6 foot dish but there is a chance you could get it on a 4foot.[/QUOTE]

Jan 9, 2004
Thanks for the info on....

a motorized dish and its size. I was leaning that way but needed to run it by some people with experience.

At this point, no decisions as to a provider, type/brand of receiver have been made.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

From what I have read Bavaro is on the edge of the satellite(s) footprint and the larger dish (6') seems to be the way to go.

Additionally, would you recommend a motorized dish...or is that overkill and just one more thing to break down?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

At this point, I would hold off on buying ANY system for the time being, if you are thinking about FTA receivers.

The two major providers of satellite signals are Direct TV and Dish Network.

Without going into a lot of confusing mambo jambo, Direct TV has switched to a new type of coding system(Nagra 3), so their signal cannot be unscrambled at the moment.

Dish TV has also begun to switch their system over to N3, so their channels will be going off to FTA users within the next day or so.

They have already switched over for international channels, and PPV and the others should go within a week or so.

I would hold off on buying a system until the N3 code is cracked.

On the other hand, if you are thinking about buying a DISH or Direct TV system, you would definitely need a 6ft (2 meter) dish for good reception.

buying a motor for your dish is overkill. If you are using a FTA box, you can get satellites 110 and 119 with two LNB's on one dish.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
While I'm guessing this falls into the "If you need to ask, you can't afford it" category, I'm still curious. Can anyone give a ballpark figure on what a setup like this costs?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I don't think conchman watches the internationals, so he may not have even noticed that he's already lost those channels to N3.

But March 4th is the day the next group will go black, according to all of the FTA sites I follow.

Lets see what happens....

what are the 'internationals' ?

I have noticed some problems with some channels but I still get 90% of what I had before. CNN seems to cut in and out, even though there is good weather. I still get all my favorite channels like Hist, Disc, NatGeo, A&E, TruTV, Bio, Spike, HBO's, CINMX, PPV, etc.

Over the weekend the receiver downloaded something, now my Electronic Program Guide is blue, before it was orange. Not sure what that means.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I don't think conchman watches the internationals, so he may not have even noticed that he's already lost those channels to N3.

But March 4th is the day the next group will go black, according to all of the FTA sites I follow.

Lets see what happens....

What site's are you looking at for this info.

I have a friend of mine in Canada who has an IKS box and and is still getting BEV channels and they switched all their channels to n3 in late November early December