Robo de Identidad en los Call centers

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Hi DR! I must get this out and get as much help as possible
You many industries are suffering during this global financial crisis but nothing like the DR call center industry...We have lost many good US and Canada business partners just because of our call center industry lack of respect for all the rules....
I have work with many Dish network master pOE partners in outsourcing their business development to the Dominican Republic..and its sad to say that 24 call centers that i out source to all did ss fraud at one point or another...
and not just a isolated offense where the customer was the one involve in doing the fraud but many time the agent and call center owner going the extra mile to get a SS form some one esle , a dead person social security and stealing cc form other clients........
THis has to stop.................We as Dominicans and Foreigners must not sponsor call centers that are engage in this type of activity...
Its sad to say that with all our advantages of proximity and cultural acceptances of the American way of life we cant flourish in a service industry that its desperately looking to cut cost....
I would like to file a legal complaint of those individual that are involve in many fraud for misrepresenting them self with a company name that does not exist to odes that sit home buying sales for magnets that work for People like Mr Mike and I and put us in a position where we loose money and our customer information is putting on the line..
We are serous business men fighting to make a living and this cold heart Fellow Dominicans are killing our industry... please spread the word.

Its sad I have interview over 30 potential work from home agents and this fraud cultured has spread to every conner of the island where we cna find a person with a dsl line that has telemarketing call.I feel bad today to represent such a industry in international arena.. Every time i mention DR i get insulted..
att
Albin Ortiz
GruPo Opus Gamma Inc
A NY state LLC

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Albin, there is a guy that I know that was working for a call center and they all got laid off. He said that in the orientation they were told how to do that...I think that it was dish network or something like that. They were stealing peoples' SS numbers to hook up TV service for illegal immigrants. They were told it was all about getting the sale. It is sad and now they are out of a job.
It is shocking that they are taught this in their training.
Now he is driving his car as a taxi, he asked to transport my kids but I already had a full time driver so I couldn't help him, I told him that they should have known that that can only last so long when you are doing something illegal.
These types of companies are giving DR a very bad name.
SHALENA

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
WAo.. I got a reposes on my emails form this that I had expected..
Al lthe people that got upset about me taking openly about their dirty laundry...
Well I know this will bite me in the ass as a good fried said but Ineeds to be done..
I have lsot a 2 Million USd dollar contract (in regards to the sales volume my centers did last year)
Because of bad practice in our sectors.
Its up to us the ones making money in this Call center Industry to put down some rules Liek the American Call centers association and make our coleuges play by them and out law does that dont..
Not un Syndicate but a place where we can better our image as a Industry...
i got some fan mail and more hate mail so far.. but at least its getting read.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
This is a surprise

I cant believe this is a SURPRISE, when most of the people working in call centers that don't have a Latin accent, are here be cause they got deported! I would say that 65% of the personnel in the call center I worked in were convicted felons, that had been deported. This was an inbound call center not an outbound, and there was still SSN fraud.

these employees would not be hired in the US due to their record.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Well 90% of the issues I get are form Spanish Sales not English speaking agents. they are only a small % of the people that do out bound in DR.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
What happened with Dish was Dish's own fault, they had no internal verification at all and were all but begging for it. They WANTED it because they were trying to sell the company to AT&T and needed to rapidly increase their customer base to inflate stock price.

Once that deal fell through they realized they were going to have to live in the rickety house they built and started to give a crap about quality - but they still had no idea how to get it. They started firing all sales partners with significant amounts of Hispanic sales and made history by being the first major Satellite TV provider to lose net subscribers in a financial quarter. Then they repeated the performance TWICE. I am willing to bet they are about to post their fourth straight quarter of negative growth.

I think its important to note that most of the centers responsible for the problems with Dish were not really call centers but chop shops founded by people fired from real call centers, usually for fraud "over and above the call of duty". These so-called "centers" did not even meet basic criteria any other business would need to be taken seriously such as:

1) English speaking owners/operators
2)a bank account
3) a registered business name

The greedy retailers and brokers knew they could take advantage of the cheap labor and paid such low commissions that there was no way for the center to pay its bills unless they seriously cut corners. Well, they got what they paid for and what they deserved.

Centers that are trying to get serious and clean up their acts need to understand that its not about fraud, and it never has been. Its about churn and making sales that stick and building lasting relationships.

"Fraud" in selling subscription services is nothing other than circumventing systems put in place to reduce churn. If your churn is within tolerance, you can do no wrong. If it isn't, it doesn't matter what you did, it was wrong.

Last edited:

pucca

Mar 30, 2010
I use to work in one of those and i must say that they did tell me i had to get info doing whatever it took, i did what i could as long as i didn`t do anything illegal and i must add another issue, they fire people for coming positive on marihuana but they dont fire ex-conv. or deported people, they hired them without questioning anything about their criminal reports... WTF??