TRICOM in Bavaro has a new scam!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
They have a flyer with the following text: "Si durante los primeros 60 dias no estas satisfecho con tu servicio de Internet, te devolvemos todo tu dinero"

I wasn't "satifecho" (satisfied) because of my own private reasons and asked my money back! "No, no money back, there hasn't been made any report of bad connection or something like that!" was the comment of the "manager" of the shop in Plaza Larimar, Bavaro.

So Tricom decides when you are satisfied, not you!

It's a scam! People be careful!!

Reactions: Rocky

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
No, the red (receiver) didn't even work.:paranoid: It's WIMAX and they scammed me for RD$ 5,560.
Had to wait already a whole day and everything went sloppy at their office; no pc to check(!), no contracts(!), no copier for the cedula etc. etc. the usual mess.
The speed supposed to be 400/128 but a friend of mine has one and it doesn't reach this speed.
The whole thing ****ed me off from the beginning specially the guys's attitude and then he refused to pay me back, good thing I don't carry a gun!
But that's part of living in paradise!:ermm:

Nov 25, 2008
write a letter saying you are going to take legal action if your money is not returned; its always good to have 3 friends in the DR; doctor, police and a lawyer

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Codetel hasn't yet installed connections where we live in Punta Cana so most of our neighbours have got their laptop cards which are proving almost completely useless. We have Bectel wireless which is expensive but at least it works most of the time.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right Chiri,
BecTel is not the fastest and not cheap, but at least it works always. i have it myself here at home, waiting that Claro is ready for the highspeed.
TriCom never been good for anything down here.
to compare that high rate written above:
my BecTel costs $98.- per month, taxes included
Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yup, we changed to Claro movil and it's lousy (the actual service and the customer service) but until Codetel finally install lines to our building we're stuck.

Any more information about what happened with Bectel?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I went with the VIVA plan and I am very very happy with it. If you have VIVA there look into the program.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Viva is working o.k. on the east, but not the full coverage, you have to look for the signal at several places, my neighbour has their stick since 3 months.
i am like Chiri on the Claro Stick since dec 15th 2009 and til today very happy with connectivity and service.
i have been one of the first clients of BecTel here and been happy with them during years, but then their services started to go downhill and the connection been often not available, so i switched. shortly afterwards i heard that they are bancrupt, yeap.
from friends with the Claro highspeed connections at home or in the office i hear lately many complains that it is just not working on any acceptable speed even that they have the so named fast connections.
at my place in Cabeza de Toro we are not covered with the fix connections of Claro, so the stick it has to be, luckily works great for me and for my websites, and it has the advantage that i can take it with me on the road for the Laptop instead of the PC at home when i travel.
at the moment i am not thinking anymore about a homebased connection.
Mike

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
They have a flyer with the following text: "Si durante los primeros 60 dias no estas satisfecho con tu servicio de Internet, te devolvemos todo tu dinero"

I wasn't "satifecho" (satisfied) because of my own private reasons and asked my money back! "No, no money back, there hasn't been made any report of bad connection or something like that!" was the comment of the "manager" of the shop in Plaza Larimar, Bavaro.

So Tricom decides when you are satisfied, not you!

It's a scam! People be careful!!

Take them to court.
It's a little easy for me to say that because i get
lawyers for free, but i'm pretty sure it will work.
First send an "acto de alguacil" giving them a few days
to refund (violation of "ley de protecci?n al consumidor"
and probably "ley de telecomunicaciones").

Status
Not open for further replies.