remember this? The transformer????

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Do you remember this thread: http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/55290-why-i-love-country.html

Well the explosion - the one that you were all waiting for - eventually happened. We thought having the transformer would stop the locals plugging in to our electricity. Do not ask me how, but somehow they found a way round it. 3 days ago my husband disconnected them again and then at night - AS SOON AS we turned the light off they must have tried to connect. Well the earth certainly moved for me!!!

A massive bang - the whole of Juan Dolio went off - and now 3 days later we have had to get new transformer which has just been installed (in the day time, minus Brugal but still with rope to hoist it up!).

Most of the light bulbs in the house have gone - plus the TV.

Happy days but it did last a while!! And I have been howling with laughter re reading that old thread!!!

Matilda

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Well at least you are here to write about it!;) Pleased you are laughing after the fact...as only you could.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I think Mr Matilda and Mr Lj should get together. Mr Lj deafened me for approx five mins and i think gave his mother a minor stroke by experimenting with explosives for the show. Didnt start with a small bit of powder in the canon and then put in a touch more each time to get the effect he wanted...oh no! Packed the thing full and flicked the switch, The solid metal canon exploded and sent shards everywhere and deafened anyone within 20 yards!

Well done for pludging the whole of Juan Dolio into darkness though, nice touch!

xx

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Maybe you should poat a sign next to the transformer (with a lightblub of course :)) that says all who are caught connecting to the power illegally are subject to 10 years prison time (true)!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Maybe you should poat a sign next to the transformer (with a lightblub of course :)) that says all who are caught connecting to the power illegally are subject to 10 years prison time (true)!

They will not only still steal the electric, but also the light bulb!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Matilda: You seem to have the power! Three years ago you said it would happen in 2009! You are our Nostradamus!!

Now, dear Matilda, what numbers will come up tomorrow night??? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Very funny....glad to see you are all right...

HB

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
what exactly is a transformer

transformer-something-awful.jpg