Santo Domingo - Restaurant Supplies?

Jan 17, 2009
Does anyone know restaurant supply stores in Santo Domingo? I live in the North Coast, and the only one around is Equipamos in Puerto Plata. I'm looking for some things that they don't carry. Not to mention that they almost never have the prices of the items that I want in their computer! I'm going to Santo Domingo on Wednesday and would love to stop by some restaurant supply stores there. I'm looking for small but specialty stuff, like mousse rings, cake slicer/divider, etc. Thanks

Silvia

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try and talk to Juan Torrents. He is sales manager at Abastos, an institutional supplier.
In POP 809 320 7167 or 809 291 9001

In Santo Domingo: 809 621 2422

His direct cell phone is: 809 284 2680 you can tell him that his old f?tbol coach sent you to him....

they (He and wife and daughter) also own and operate Mont Mart in Los Jardines in Santiago, one of the better restaurants, without a doubt...

HB

Jan 17, 2009
Thank you all for your advice. Someone mentioned today that there is an ACE hardware store in Santo Domingo and that on that same street there are some restaurant supply stores but that I may everything I need at ACE. Does anyone know where ACE is? I didn't even know that there's was one in the DR. Thanks

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
ParaGourmet was in Bella vista mall, now think it?s closed but there is another just up the street from UTI-Hotel on Ave Ch. Summer.
You also had Kitchen Center on Ave. G.M. Ricart but it has moved,,, not sure where ? but it is the Williams Sonoma of Santo Domingo, Very scary prices but nice stuff.

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks a lot. I know Ferreteria Hache, I guess this person couldn't tell the difference between Hache and ACE. I'll check out Kitchen Center too. I know it's going to be terribly expensive but if it is a smaller version of Williams Sonoma, it'll be worth the time of finding the new location. Thanks again.