wedding

scarlettbruns

Mar 17, 2008
I am getting married to a Dominican man, in Santo Domingo and we are having a "traditional" catholic wedding (his parents are very religious, my family not at all) I was just wondering if anyone knew approx how many guests we should expect, I asked my fiancee he said he wasnt exactly sure but a quite alot, and his parents said they are working on a list, but i just wnat a rough estimate apparently this is a large dominican family. Does any one know approx how many people would attend a normal dominican wedding? We are paying ourselves, obviously i dont want to offend his parents by sayig they cant invite all of the family, but i have to draw a line somewhere unless I win the lottery in the near future.
Thanks

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I am getting married to a Dominican man, in Santo Domingo and we are having a "traditional" catholic wedding (his parents are very religious, my family not at all) I was just wondering if anyone knew approx how many guests we should expect, I asked my fiancee he said he wasnt exactly sure but a quite alot, and his parents said they are working on a list, but i just wnat a rough estimate apparently this is a large dominican family. Does any one know approx how many people would attend a normal dominican wedding? We are paying ourselves, obviously i dont want to offend his parents by sayig they cant invite all of the family, but i have to draw a line somewhere unless I win the lottery in the near future.
Thanks

First of all congratulations!!!
The Dominicans as most Latins have a tendency to show up with more people than expected.
They say: a donde comen 5 comen 6, so expect the unexpected

Johana

May 24, 2006
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

When my husband and I got married he said he only needed about 40 wedding invitations...this is because you give one to the household and not each person. We had about 120 people at our wedding. We had told the restaurant about 80 people...but even they knew to add to that and there was plenty of food :)

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
Thanks

congratulations !!!

a few things to keep in mind. when you get married at a catholic church you have to go through pre-cana. make sure that his parents talk to the priest and that everything is all set. some priest are picky about whom they will marry.

like a previous poster said, expect more guest than you invited. they will invite all the family and neighbors. Keep in mind your budge, and if you have to offend some people so be it. I'm telling you from personal experience. Also, family members will tell you that they will help you the day of the wedding but they never do, they are too busy having fun.

Do you speak spanish? if you do I can put you in touch with a person that can plan your wedding and help you out the day of.

good luck, and remember, it is YOUR wedding and you are paying for it.

Gaspesy

May 3, 2009
Congratulations from me too. I wish you both all the best for your future together. I am not sure if you are not married already but that does not really matter, so I send you my best wishes afterwards. I wrote you a private message too, but this was my first one so I am not sure if it worked. Therefore, I would be very happy if you could write me an answer!
Muchas gracias.