Dobermans x 14 ? yes, 7 adult dogs and 7 x 8 week old pups need new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am very much a third party here, so please ?don?t shoot the messenger?.

The adult purebred dogs are all aged between 1yr ? 2.5 yrs and there are 4 dogs and 2 bitches plus 1 crossbred spayed bitch. Additionally there are pups (7), purebred dogs and bitches all in need of new homes. I understand the owners left the country prior to the birth of the pups and, although they are making a charge for the dogs just to cover costs of food and habitation since they left, good homes are of paramount importance.

If you are interested please post on this thread and PM me for contact details. They can be viewed on the North coast.

dqna5e.jpg

2luxtsk.jpg

n2dgyu.jpg

i3v40y.jpg

2n87nef.jpg

2rcsfvm.jpg

Reactions: FernieBee

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks for the PM drake - I have now phoned and left full contact details for you regarding these lovely dogs so good luck. Please let me know if one is suitable to your requirements.

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Ooooooooooooo...wish I could get one but I will be in NYC all summer and will have no one to care for it.:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin
SHALENA

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sava a black female for me with big paws and shiny bright eyes!!
Cheers
Drake

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
Dobermans

Hi Whileybird,

I know your soft heart for dogs and other animals but on this item you need
a little bit more information.
I visited the house today with a friend who was interested to buy one of the
puppies. He was told the price was RD 6,000 for puppies and RD 3,000 for
the adult dogs. There was no negotiating.
So it looks like these people are not desperatly looking for a good home for
these animals but it is basically a commercial transaction.
People need to know this before some one tucks on their heart strings.
If you are looking to give an animal a good home there are plenty available for adoption through pet shelters etc.
I have no intention to shoot the messenger but feel a little more info is
warranted.

Bear

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi Whileybird,

I know your soft heart for dogs and other animals but on this item you need
a little bit more information.
I visited the house today with a friend who was interested to buy one of the
puppies. He was told the price was RD 6,000 for puppies and RD 3,000 for
the adult dogs. There was no negotiating.
So it looks like these people are not desperatly looking for a good home for
these animals but it is basically a commercial transaction.
People need to know this before some one tucks on their heart strings.
If you are looking to give an animal a good home there are plenty available for adoption through pet shelters etc.
I have no intention to shoot the messenger but feel a little more info is
warranted.

Bear

My only concern was to assist in getting the message across to people who may be interested in a purebred Doberman and I was familiar with posting the photos (unlike others who may be more involved.) I knew, and mentioned, that there was a price tag but was assured that the quality of the home was of equal or more importance. Starting this thread was the beginning and end of my involvement with these dogs but I have to mention that I now learn there are also 6 horses, a monkey and a couple of parrots on offer.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
holy you know what

i was thinking... how much for an abandoned puppy. pure or not. And then again," i was not there watching to see who is the daddy." so i figured in n.y. i gave 25$ to the agency. well here its a little different, o.k. 2k $ p.d. pups dont eat much.. there are no papers , except maybe newspapers for the ride home.
thank you for the info.
messenger...in a free world order you should be a little more careful of your deliveries... now im ****ed i spoke to the guy so long....$$$$$$ and i was getting ready... looking forward... if you know what i mean...p.s.
i almost shot a car for less...lol
I thought these pups are abandoned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well anyone have a young dog that needs a home from a smart breed or a working breed. im looking.

A

apostropheman

I wouldn't bet on that!

I also wouldn't let his mindless ramblings bother you either, my friend. :pirate:

He's obviously mentally challenged and likely drunk or stoned as well and has nothing good to say on any topic...at least as far as I've bothered to check in his past posts
http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3783188

I wouldn't even have bothered except that it pays to keep an eye on the loonies! ;):bunny::bunny: (said tongue-in-cheek as a slightly frozen Canadian! :))
I am sure you didn't mean this to sound quite as offensive as I have taken it.

i was thinking... how much for an abandoned puppy. pure or not. And then again," i was not there watching to see who is the daddy." so i figured in n.y. i gave 25$ to the agency. well here its a little different, o.k. 2k $ p.d. pups dont eat much.. there are no papers , except maybe newspapers for the ride home.
thank you for the info.
messenger...in a free world order you should be a little more careful of your deliveries... now im ****ed i spoke to the guy so long....$$$$$$ and i was getting ready... looking forward... if you know what i mean...p.s.
i almost shot a car for less...lol
I thought these pups are abandoned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well anyone have a young dog that needs a home from a smart breed or a working breed. im looking.

Reactions: Celt202

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
dont know

and only wanted you to know that a bait and switch or similiar tactics involving peoples hearts where adopting, providing homes to pets that need them was not appreciated here. im sorry.

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
and only wanted you to know that a bait and switch or similiar tactics involving peoples hearts where adopting, providing homes to pets that need them was not appreciated here. im sorry.
You must not be aware that Dona Whirleybird is one of the most highly respected and trusted DR1 posters.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
no i did not

know that. sorry.
i realize that in a rush to be of assistance to people, improper wording is to blame...
i felt something when it was said "dont shoot the messenger" that was a tell...
i will call the bloke and Tell him i was led astray. and that if it does come about- that he wants - has to get rid of the dogs. i will not faulter...and that you can depend on and never worry.
there is no one that says bad things about me,except on this forum. i am not wanted or being in hiding. i travel freely. i own more than most, and no one knows me. as i like. i do as i please. i answer to my wife. i dress better than most and will always buy you a beer. i am of english and polish ancestors. my name is well known.
i encourage all in their endevors.
i will help you.
dreams are cheap and beautiful.
the dom. rep. is tuff and will tire you.
not all here are beautiful people.(if you know what i mean)
how many different police depts here in this country. maybe no reason...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
know that. sorry.
i realize that in a rush to be of assistance to people, improper wording is to blame...
i will call the bloke and Tell him i was led astray. and that if it does come about- that he wants - has to get rid of the dogs. i will not faulter...and that you can depend on and never worry.
there is no one that says bad things about me,except on this forum. i am not wanted or being in hiding. i travel freely. i own more than most, and no one knows me. as i like. i do as i please. i answer to my wife. i dress better than most and will always buy you a beer. i am of english and polish ancestors. my name is well known.
i will help you.

You sent me a PM saying you were interested in a Doberman. I duly responded by sending you the contact details. You then sent me another PM about pricing of the Dobermans and I advised you, politely, to negotiate with the contact I gave you previously.

I have no recollection of using any improper wording when I began this thread. How, where and by whom were you led astray. No reference on this thread mentioned 'adoption' whereby animals are given free or in return for a small donation.

I know I am probably foolish to 'rise to the bait' but I cannot and will not allow you to abuse and insult me in the above manner. I better leave it at that before I say something I may later regret.

Moderators and Robert, please do not close this thread as these dogs need to find new homes with loving owners and I promise not to deviate off topic again. Thanks.

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
know that. sorry.
i will help you.

Most of the time we ignore your posts, donmobay, because few make sense, many are irrelevant to the discussion at hand, a fair few are total non-sequiturs, some misinterpret the words of the original poster and some are self-eulogising. Plus some of us are fairly certain you have signed up under a different name having been removed from this board once. BUT, the minute you accuse a respected, warm-hearted poster of bait & switch tactics, you have stepped over the line.

Do you have what it takes to say it to her face? Because she will be lunching with me next Sunday; I will be on one side of her & Matilda will be on the other. I don't think I need say any more.........except there can be times when the 3 of us are not 'beautiful people' at all :cheeky:

I know nothing about these particular dogs, nor the home they come from but for the information of other posters, it is normal practice when adopting a canine companion from a well known shelter on the north coast to contribute RD$3000 to the work of the charity and this adoption 'fee' also covers vaccinations and spaying. A practice which could doubtless be extended to certain humans :tired:.

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Donmobay,
Much of your post above (No. 12) & quoted by others in their responses, I find incoherent & they appear ramblings of a somewhat egocentric person. However, the bits that I DO understand appear to be somewhat insulting to a valued & respected poster.

As English is obviously not your FIRST language (I would love to know sometime what IS your first language) may I suggest you copy/paste the following:-

"Whirleybird, I apologise for my bad English & wish to advise you I had no intension of being insulting either in my post or the PM that I sent :eek:. I wish you the very best of luck in finding people who would be prepared to contact the people selling the Dobermans with a view to giving them a good home."

Should that (or something very similar to it) appear on this thread then I will not continue to dissect your ramblings above - I will just return to my normal mode of ignoring what you write.

For the time I wish you a good night (or good DAY if you do not see this until the morning!) ~ Grahame.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Some Horse Info.

Anyone that knows WB and Mr. C and have them as friends are lucky. You will not find better people or bigger hearts.

WB and I, along with two other great people, went to the boarding place to see the horses. My wife and I had been thinking that we wanted to get back into riding and have a lot to keep a couple of horses on. The owners greeted us warmly and presented these 6 horses along with several others in a covered arena for our viewing out of the pouring rain. Instead of the 20 minutes that we had planned on, we stayed for over 3 hours asking questions, viewing and inspecting the boarding/training facility. We all agreed that this is a 1st class operation with some very impressive horses, most with papers.

The six animals that we went to see are in excellent condition, of good breeding and well trained. ASKING prices from $2,000 to $10,000.... U.S. We saw others up to $20,000. No gear is included. Full boarding for about 10,000 pesos per month per horse. These horses will require owners that know horses and how to ride.

My wife and I will go back again when the sun is out and take another look and perhaps a test ride. However, animals of this quality would disappear from our lot in one night and we would need to board them at this facility and feel that the quality is very much worth the boarding fees.

The first two photos are two of the six and the next two are for sale by other owners. I think that we saw over 20 horses in all.

I have left the name and location of this facility out on purpose. If you have no intention of buying, then it would not be fair for the owners, staff and horses to put on a show for your amusment. WB can provide details to serious buyers.

Thank you for a great afternoon WB.

Ringo

2s1old1.jpg

2a8gpvr.jpg

98y0hs.jpg

This horse loves to play with the ball.

kec9bm.jpg

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Whirleybird. Can u keep us updated on the progress of these lovely dogs? Hoping they all find loving homes...Tom

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Whirleybird. Can u keep us updated on the progress of these lovely dogs? Hoping they all find loving homes...Tom

I will try but I am not actually in direct contact with the administrator who is controlling the homing of the dogs. Perhaps anyone who uses DR1 will post when they take on a dog/ puppy or know of someone who has done so.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most of the time we ignore your posts, donmobay, because few make sense, many are irrelevant to the discussion at hand, a fair few are total non-sequiturs, some misinterpret the words of the original poster and some are self-eulogising.

I have made him aware of this, lets hope it sinks in.

I don't believe he has used other usernames, but he calls me at the office when he gets banned :) Nice guy, just adapting to using a message board.

M

MirianAmor

Anyone that knows WB and Mr. C and have them as friends are lucky. You will not find better people or bigger hearts.

WB and I, along with two other great people, went to the boarding place to see the horses. My wife and I had been thinking that we wanted to get back into riding and have a lot to keep a couple of horses on. The owners greeted us warmly and presented these 6 horses along with several others in a covered arena for our viewing out of the pouring rain. Instead of the 20 minutes that we had planned on, we stayed for over 3 hours asking questions, viewing and inspecting the boarding/training facility. We all agreed that this is a 1st class operation with some very impressive horses, most with papers.

The six animals that we went to see are in excellent condition, of good breeding and well trained. ASKING prices from $2,000 to $10,000.... U.S. We saw others up to $20,000. No gear is included. Full boarding for about 10,000 pesos per month per horse. These horses will require owners that know horses and how to ride.

My wife and I will go back again when the sun is out and take another look and perhaps a test ride. However, animals of this quality would disappear from our lot in one night and we would need to board them at this facility and feel that the quality is very much worth the boarding fees.

The first two photos are two of the six and the next two are for sale by other owners. I think that we saw over 20 horses in all.

I have left the name and location of this facility out on purpose. If you have no intention of buying, then it would not be fair for the owners, staff and horses to put on a show for your amusment. WB can provide details to serious buyers.

Thank you for a great afternoon WB.

Ringo

2s1old1.jpg

2a8gpvr.jpg

98y0hs.jpg

This horse loves to play with the ball.

kec9bm.jpg

Wow. Big Dobermans and with tails

Status
Not open for further replies.