Where should we stay in Las Galeras?

pebblesnorman

Mar 3, 2009
Hi all,

Looking for your input as to a good place to stay in Las Galeras. Looking for something not too expensive, not too far from the beach, and that serves breakfast. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I like Elmarinique@hotmail.com (?). Run by Andy and Nicole. Close to beach, quiet, very good food. They have little cabins with enough comfort for a good time.

I understand that the roads have gone to pot but that is doable.

Have fun,

HB

Berliner

Aug 9, 2007
There are a lot of places in Las Galeras, which are not too expensive and serve breakfast and are close to the main beach which is the less nicest of all the beaches in the Las Galeras area.
All the others beaches are a little spread out and have no accomodations very close to them as some are part of protected areas where no building is allowed and are only accessable by foot, boat or horse.
A good website to get an overview is Samana.Net-English-Deutsche-Francais-Italiano-Espanol (hope DR1 does not mind mentioning it).

pebblesnorman

Mar 3, 2009
Thanks guys, any others have suggestions? We're taking a closer look at Todo Blanco and Casa Dorado right now, anybody have any thoughts on those?

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
my wife just finished a small, 4- room hotel. don't think anyone has slept there yet. i'm in canada. $35 a night. if you're interested, then send me a private email and i can send you photos.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Jasper, Does your new hotel have a website or a name ??, if we go to LG is it easy to find ?....
Thanks
cg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Stop messing around. Go to El Marinique, and then go and look around....There are at least six or seven places to stay that are inexpensive, nice, and everything is right there.

If you want high-end go to Villa Serena!!

Just get there and look around. You know where you will be well fed and well looked after. I have been there many times and for the money, it's tough to beat it, at least IMO.

HB

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Jasper, Does your new hotel have a website or a name ??, if we go to LG is it easy to find ?....
Thanks
cg

no website or name yet. 200 mtrs from las galeras beach on main road beside pizzeria. check it out when you're there and maybe next visit you might want to stay there. i'm trying to upload or copy a photo but not having much luck.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi,
I will give the big thumbs up for El Marinique, all you need and great location.

Happy Days

pebblesnorman

Mar 3, 2009
Seems a few of you like El Marinique, but I guess I'm hesitant about the place, since it got mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. However, since it's Easter week, we do want to book in advance. Jasper, thanks for the info about the new place. Unfortunately, without any photos/info, we wouldn't be able to book our stay there, but we will definitely check it our for furture reference while we're there. Nobody stayed at Casa Dorado B & B?

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi,
It may be wise to book in advance, regardless of where you are thinking of staying as
places soon fill up over Easter week.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Places to stay in Las Galeras

Hi,
I have a great place that is five miles from Las Galeras. No breakfast served, but there is a full kitchen, and many more great features. Please visit my website. Samana, Dominican Republic
Contact me with any questions.
Patrick

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Seems a few of you like El Marinique, but I guess I'm hesitant about the place, since it got mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. However, since it's Easter week, we do want to book in advance. Jasper, thanks for the info about the new place. Unfortunately, without any photos/info, we wouldn't be able to book our stay there, but we will definitely check it our for furture reference while we're there. Nobody stayed at Casa Dorado B & B?

Name me a hotel that does not get mixed reviews on Trip Advisor!!

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
I vote for TODO BLANCO! I stayed there, and loved it. It was fantastic! Really lovely, windows opening to the sea, lovely breakfast, nice beach. You can't go wrong!

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Oops.I didn't see that you were going Easter week.

I was unprepared for all the noise on the beach during Semana Santa - suddenly all sorts of vendors showed up and set up camp to cook and sell their food on the small beach. It got full fast, and each one had their own favorite music. loud.

Stay farther away from the beach if you want any peace and quiet.

And try Todo Blanco another time.

Have fun!