Need a good automobile electrician

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I'd like to find a good and quality conscious, trustworthy automobile electrician between Puerto Plata and Cabarete... maybe even Santiago.

I had halogen lights installed on my last truck (the one which got trashed last summer right after renovation). One of the very few things we managed to have salvaged from it was that brand new installation. We had it installed by "some guy, who some other guy said he'd know some guy" and ever since the system has been acting rather capriciously. I have replaced the high voltage transformers but to no avail... sometimes it works, sometimes only on light works. So I need somebody who is methodical and goes further than the shortcut and sparks guys at the AutoAdornos, who's just into trying to convince me that I "just" need to buy yet another transformer.

... J-D.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I seem to be talking to myself here, but think again... I am not.
A Forum member messaged me with a solution based on his own similar experience with these Xenon lights:
So FYI:
Contrary to what the sales people want you to believe, it's not always the high voltage transformer which crap out slowly but it may instead just be the Xenon bulb. Yes, contrary to other bulbs they may not just die dead at once but rather act "funny" for a good while until they finally get to RIP.
But then, this is the DR and as we all know, imports are what's to be find the cheapest at any given time, so... NO more Xenon bulbs available at my dealer for the system I had installed.
I did my little thing (I won't elaborate), which proved effective in convincing that they then had to install a brand new whole system at cost. And off I am again blinding everybody oncoming with my high beam. :pirate:

... J-D.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
automotriz Mendez
Santiago
Las Colinas
Caribe tour Las Colinas.
Drive down the Caribe tour street you will see a sign on left.
They fix quickly every and only electrical issues at regular price

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Automotriz Mendez
Santiago
Las Colinas
Caribe tour Las Colinas.
Drive down the Caribe tour street you will see a sign on left.
They fix quickly every and only electrical issues at regular price