Excellent Laptop Deal!!!

A

apostropheman

Have a look at this deal that Rocky turned me onto.

He's already ordered one that he will eventually get down to the DR when someone can bring it to him.

Here's the link:
HP Official Store — Buy an HP G60 and G60t series notebook PC from HP

It'll probably only be good for tonight and be over by morning so act fast if you like what you see!!!

They don't deliver outside of the US from this site otherwise I'd be ordering one right now!
I have to check the HP.ca site to see if they'll match the deal.

p.s. it includes a choice of printers as free or low cost additions.

Reactions: socuban

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Some specs

One of our DR1 members was kind enough to mule one of these G60s to me from Drro in NYC.
They are sweet sweet powerful laptops.
The T6400 Intel is kickazz powerful.
3 gigs of ram is as good as 4 in regular Windows 32 bit so it's pretty much maxed out in Ram.
The 250 gig hard drive is one of the biggest in laptops and ample for anyone.
It has the dual layer DVD burner, webcam and microphone, SD card reader, beautiful graphics, not quite a true gaming machine but close to and 1/3 the price.
It only weighs 6.6 pounds which is decent for a 16 incher.
The keyboard feels luxurious and HPs are one of the most reliable puters in the world.
It's slimline and attractive.
The deal at $467 US includes free shipping and they even toss in a small printer.
How much better can it get?
Maybe if someone pays us to take them off their hands.
A year ago, something like this would have cost near $2,000 US.

You can pretty much bet that this deal will not still be here in the morning.
I've been buying deals here and there when they appear and I have seen some last only hours, one only lasted 40 minutes, but knowing HP and their deals, this evening should still be good but I doubt that it will last till business hours manana.

PS: If anyone can order and bring me one, I would gladly pay for the service.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I should have explained how to get the deal.
Go to dealnews.com: Find the best deals on computers, laptops, HDTV, iPods, and MP3 players
Right now, it's 6 items down the list.

<SCRIPT>checkIfNew('1236203584', '');</SCRIPT>HP G60t Core 2 Duo 2GHz 16" Widescreen Laptop for $467 + free shipping

The HP Home & Home Office Store offers its HP G60t Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz 16" Widescreen Notebook, model no. NG161AV, for $467.49 with free shipping via the directions below. At $233 off, it's $52 under our mention from two weeks ago and the lowest total price we've seen for this configuration. Sales tax is added where applicable. Features include an Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2GHz dual-core processor, 16" 1366x768 widescreen LCD with BrightView, 3GB RAM, 250GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard drive, dual layer DVD burner, 802.11g wireless, webcam, 6-cell battery, and Windows Vista Home Basic. To get this deal:
  1. Click here and click the top "Customize & Buy" button
  2. select "FREE Ugprade to 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 1GB DDR2..."
  3. select "FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 160GB..."
  4. apply coupon code "SV0779" at checkout
  5. Optional: Under "Printers", add the HP Deskjet D4360 Printer for $0 after this $70 rebate

Reactions: Bronxboy
A

apostropheman

Thanks,

I put in the direct link to the HP site but you need to follow the instructions in Rocky's post, #4, to get the full deal and best price!

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
"apply coupon code "SV0779" at checkout"

I get a "The coupon you entered is invalid." message at checkout, what am I doing wrong?

$1100 for two.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
sure sure sure

my last good good deal , beautiful machine ,for the normal user fine. you actually dont think that silicone valley, the chinese and whoever else are in the game are giving you something that they can sell for 1200$ do you. They cant sell it because it has a problem which they are not disclosing...
Believe me that something is wrong with those machines. the average user might not know or find out. Lucky for me i have a pretty good tech source for lunch instead of paying a tech.
am i happy with my 450$ machine yes. but crap emptor. or buyer beware...
and deals are on all the time.

A

apostropheman

unfortunately the deal has expired :(

It's now $549.99.
SHALENA

"apply coupon code "SV0779" at checkout"

I get a "The coupon you entered is invalid." message at checkout, what am I doing wrong?

$1100 for two.
HP G60t Core 2 Duo 2GHz 16" Laptop - dealnews.com

"Sorry... this deal has expired!
We are always looking for the hottest deals. Sometimes they expire before we have a chance to update our site.Click here to see more deals on PC Laptop"

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Stepping away from the laptop to make another mojito did me in. Note to self; hire a bartender, lol.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
my last good good deal , beautiful machine ,for the normal user fine. you actually dont think that silicone valley, the chinese and whoever else are in the game are giving you something that they can sell for 1200$ do you. They cant sell it because it has a problem which they are not disclosing...
Believe me that something is wrong with those machines. the average user might not know or find out. Lucky for me i have a pretty good tech source for lunch instead of paying a tech.
am i happy with my 450$ machine yes. but crap emptor. or buyer beware...
and deals are on all the time.
Your post exemplifies your lack of knowledge and understanding of the present market.
Computer technology is advancing in leaps and bounds and your imaginary defective product theory exists only in your head.
I have and have had several of these computers that are sold on special for brief periods of time on deal news, and as an example of how absurd your theory is, the last G60 I ordered on special had to be built in Shanghai, then delivered to NYC. Drro tracked the whole operation herself.
This is brand new merchandise of top quality.
Go into HP's site on any given day and order this same laptop with the same options and it will cost you approx. double.
I am now typing on one of those DealNews Laptops, an Asus, and it is exactly the same as an Asus that is bought at full price.
Your inability to find good deals should not lead you to believe that we are buying defective merchandise, just because you don't know how.
If you'd care to learn something and get good deals, then log onto www.dealnews.com 10 or 15 times a day and you will find them.
Deals like the one in this post do not happen everyday.
This is only the second super laptop deal this year.
We have seen a couple of super PC deals and a few netbook ones too.

PS: For anyone living in or around Sosua, I tweak puters for free.
It's my hobby.
You need only drop in with the unit.
I'm also pretty good killing any virus.
So far, haven't met one I can't beat, and even if I can't, it's free, so there's nothing to lose.
For the most part, you can pretty much be guaranteed that your puter will be twice as fast as it is now, after a good tweak.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Here is hoping that one of you managed to get yourselve a great deal.
Back to being retarded. See y'all again in a few months.

A

apostropheman

Freudian slip? :)

I trust you really meant retired...:cheeky::bunny::bunny:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's just Marco's version of
"KMA, that drink is mine", lol.
and he's right, you have to find the deals the moment they are up,
in case of electronics like 'puters the top stuff of today is history tomorrow, that's usual. i got a great deal last fall on a Lenovo-laptop(IBM) for 500 bucks, brand new, software on and registered, compared to today's machines you would name it a ole cheap lame thingy of course, b/c it's a few months old now, that means out of date.
for that usual every day's use computer stuff just think first one thing:
"What do i need it for/what the machine needs to do-work?" and then buy from the ones which fullfill that profile the best deal, everything else would be stu..
i work 24/7 on the computer b/c it's my business to do so, sure it's a PC, 95% of my online time is on the PC, the laptop get's used when i have to travel, laptops are compared to the PC's just expensive and slow, but comfo on the road of course. aside of my actually in use PC i have a 2nd PC, the newer one i only purchased b/c a friend of mine who is a real freak for the stuff builded a new one for himself and sold me this 'ole' self built baby for a top 'friendship sell off rate'. the laptop i purchased last fall i only bought b/c my former toshiba(been 2 years old) got smashed, unrepairable, so i needed a new laptop for the times on the road, otherwise i would have stayed with the former laptop for as many years i could.
it always depends what you need the computer for, for much over 90% of us including the ones who make a living out of the work on the computer, the best available deals provide machines which have more power than we really need for our job/duty/use aso.
happy computering
Mike

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
Crap emptor?

There's nothing wrong with these machines. HP is simply clearing out its inventory either because they had too much or are making room for a newer product. Every retailer in the world does this.

Thanks for the tip Rocky. Sorry I missed it.

Chris

Reactions: Rocky

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
If you'd care to learn something and get good deals, then log onto www.dealnews.com 10 or 15 times a day and you will find them.
Thanks for the link.
2qav01v.gif

I've bookmarked it, for future reference.
zvrmtl.gif

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

I wish for you to be less retarded and post more! Really miss reading what you have to say.

Reactions: Rocky

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sweet sweet machine.

That very same laptop is on special again, mind you, not as good as last time, but it is still the best deal on the market at $520.
It's on Dealnews.com again, approx. 5 items down,

<SCRIPT>checkIfNew('1236603604', '');</SCRIPT>New: HP Pavilion G60t Core 2 Duo 2GHz 16" Widescreen Laptop for $520 + free shipping

The HP Home & Home Office Store offers its HP Pavilion G60t Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz 16" Widescreen Notebook, model no. NG161AV#ABA, for $519.99 with free shipping via the directions below. That's $30 off our last mention and the least expensive 16" HP laptop we've seen. Sales tax is added where applicable. Features of this model include an Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2GHz dual-core processor, 16" 1366x768 widescreen LCD with BrightView, 3GB RAM, 250GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard drive, dual layer DVD burner, 802.11g wireless, webcam, 6-cell battery, and Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit.
  1. Click here and click the top "Customize & Buy" button
  2. select "FREE Ugprade to 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 1GB DDR2 System Memory (1 Dimm)"
  3. select "FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive"
  4. add coupon code "SV2132" to your cart
There's always the chance that it will come on special again soon at an even better price, maybe even including a small printer, as it has before, so if you're in no rush, it may be worth waiting, but if you're planning on buying real soon and 16 inches is your size, you would be hard pressed to find anything this good. It's complete, powerful, slick looking and HPs are perhaps the most highly reputed puters on the market. I have never seen anything in this size screen under $550 US with free shipping, that was as good or better.