La Flor Dominicana

Lane53

Mar 3, 2009
I am attempting to find where this cigar is sold in the Dominican Republic. I understand the farm is in La Canela but I do not care to drive from the south coast to the farm.

I did use the contact information on the website but as of yet no response.

Does anyone have an idea where I may be able to purchase in the Juan Dolio/La Romana or at least south coast?

Thanks

La Flor Dominicana - Home

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Litto Gomez does not sell (to my knowledge) his cigars in the DR. The only place I can think of that MIGHT have them wold be Columbus Plaza in La Romana...not kidding.

And I love his products, but then I am fortunate and live nearby...

For those of you who do not know this cigar, let me tell you that it is one of the extremely few cigars to come out of the boom intact...created and manufactured during the boom, well marketed in the States. Reasonably priced.

And I'll tell you why: He listened to others who were experts: Julio Fajardo from Matasa and Fuente and Ernesto Perez Carillo from La Gloria Cubana...we used to get together and and talk cigars and tobacco for hours...And he had the very good sense to promote his product, something many never did....

HB

Lane53

Mar 3, 2009
I called their Miami office. Gave me their factory in SDQ. calle federico velasquez #51.

I thought the young lady, Michelle, said they sell to the public.

She gave me El Condes in San Pedro de M. Calle Colonial 809-689-5126 that carries the La Flor.

Miami 800 543 7131

I began smoking cigars well before the boom and I am still intact as well.

Thanks for you input.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Unless they have moved, the factory is in Tamboril!!

the fact that they sell in the country is interesting but I cannot understand the address.

El Conde is a major commercial street in Santo Domingo. I can't see selling anything in San Pedro de Macoris???..I'll check that phone number...

But the fact that they sell them here is interesting, and good for you!!

HB

That number is for Cigar House, El Conde 458, between Santom? and Espaillat (nearer Parque Independencia than Parque Colon). They say they have lots of cigars. I will have to check it out..
Nothing in San Pedro de Macoris!!

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
For those of you who do not know this cigar, let me tell you that it is one of the extremely few cigars to come out of the boom intact...created and manufactured during the boom, well marketed in the States. Reasonably priced.

HB

I totally agree. It's a very good cigar, and made in a lot of sizes. Not my favorite, but still very nice.

Vince.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Bought this cigar from J&R in the states. For the money hard to beat.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Hey @ all aficionados:

Where in Dominican Republic do you buy your cigars? Perfect would be some factories that sell kind of outlet style at lowest prices. I love Leon Jimenes and so buy at their little store next to Centro Leon, but I would like to try other brands and therefore just know where to get them at a good price.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Hey @ all aficionados:

Where in Dominican Republic do you buy your cigars? Perfect would be some factories that sell kind of outlet style at lowest prices. I love Leon Jimenes and so buy at their little store next to Centro Leon, but I would like to try other brands and therefore just know where to get them at a good price.

I've never found any of my favorites in the DR. So I buy my smokes from JRs here in the states and bring them down with me. Though, I will sometimes attempt to locate a few cubans while I'm there since they can't be had in my neck of the woods.

Vince.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Ditto the recommendation for J&R. Have tried for 10 years to find out why a Dominican cigar costs half the price from JR than it does in the country of origin.
Don't even care at this point. I buy them by subscribed email from Jr and when I go to the DR I bring them and past them out like a big shot at half cost.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Buying cigars at L. Leon Jimenes store at Centro Le?n is no bargain. It used to be but they upped the prices way too much. I tell people to buy from JR Cigars (Not J&R!!), they are cheaper.
It is extremely difficult to get to factories and buy cigars. Why, HB, would you say that?
Well, for starters, most of the really well known cigar factories (Partagas, Montecristo, R&J, La Gloria Cubana, Davidoff, Avo,etc etc) are made in factories inside free zones. Therefore, ANYTHING that goes out that door has to pay rather humongous taxes.

So, the only way to get good, cheap, well made cigars is to know people, and that takes time...

So, sorry, but keep using JR, Lew is a good guy, or Thompson's another group of good folks...You'll get good product at a fair price.

If you are coming down here and want cigars, send me a PM...see, I do know people..HEHE...

HB

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Well as Hillbilly said: the reason for the higher prices in DR for many cigars simply is that those expensive cigars (more expensive in the DR than in US or Europe) are made in Free Zones and so they are made for exportation.

However there are cigars that are NOT made in free zones (such as the Leon Jimenes or La Aurora) and thats what I would like to find out. What are the other options HERE IN SANTIAGO or in Dominican Republic in general. I know for example the Cigar Club by Arturo Fuente in Avenida 27 de Febrero in Santo Domingo. It?s a nice little Cigar Lounge and they sell all their products there.

Unfortunately the advices regarding Cigar Shops or Retailers in the US don?t work for me, because I live here in the DR (Santiago).

So Hillbilly I guess YOU are the one to help me :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Why don't you take a short drive to Tamboril/Licey areas and ask around? There seems to be a lot of cigar production in this area.

Also, try Principes normal and rum for a good cheap smoke, they are cheap (RD15) and found everywhere.

b4dd0i.jpg

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Yes I know the "Principes". I tried them once or twice, actually they aren?t too bad, but I actually look for handmade premium cigars.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI: L Leon Jimenes ARE made in a Free Zone...now....

they moved last year..And also FYI nearly all of the factories in Tamboril are also "Special Free Zones" and covered under the same restrictions..}:8^0
Send me a PM on how to get in touch...

HB

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Ok guess you are right, but I think the difference still is that they don?t produce especially for exportation. Because the LJ cigars are significantly less expensive here in DR than in US and Europe.

Sent you a PM Hillbilly...

Lane53

Mar 3, 2009
You are right!

Unless they have moved, the factory is in Tamboril!!

the fact that they sell in the country is interesting but I cannot understand the address.

El Conde is a major commercial street in Santo Domingo. I can't see selling anything in San Pedro de Macoris???..I'll check that phone number...

But the fact that they sell them here is interesting, and good for you!!

HB

That number is for Cigar House, El Conde 458, between Santom? and Espaillat (nearer Parque Independencia than Parque Colon). They say they have lots of cigars. I will have to check it out..
Nothing in San Pedro de Macoris!!

I called the # for El Condes and it is Santo Domingo.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
hermanos cuevez outside of Santiago in Villa Sanchez has very good cigars ( vuelto abajo,Black pearl etc.)