cedular / temporary residence

casspider

Feb 8, 2009
can anyone please tell me the current costs i will be looking at to get the temporary residence and cedular that will enable me to work in the dr? i am trying to read different posts and all seem to be different and confusing? i understand that i apply for these when there but just trying to work out my finances and how much i will need?

Thanks for any advice you may give.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you are only planning to stay a year it is not worth it, as it takes a few months. It is common for short-term residents to work in the DR without a cedula/residence.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks for your PM, casspider. I have responded but as it isn't a 'private' matter I'll repeat it here. I agree with Chirimoya - it is currently taking about 5 months to get provisional residency so you have to work out whether it is worth it for a stay of only one year. However, you also need to be aware that some jobs will not accept you unless you have applied for residency, so that narrows the field. Yes there is a separate fee for residency & cedula & yes I would advise using a lawyer unless you have Spanish & understand the system. Cost for provisional residency using a lawyer has been posted many times & quite recently - somewhere in the US$1000-1300 range I think but do a search.