Traveling to DR ( sosua) for the first time w/ 3 of my friends

sincedayone

Feb 24, 2009
Whats going on guys,

My friends and i have planned a trip to dr and we would like some helpful information on places to go. Now like any group of guys we love partying with women. What night clubs do you guys recommend? I'm sure in sosua with there high tourist visitations, there must be a good strip club. Now, I've done some research but there wasn't much information on restaurants. Can someone just tell me the places to AVOID!!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The centre of town isn't very good at the moment. As I've said in another thread, all the sexy girls have been moved on and all that seems to be hanging around are the trouble, infected and rejected ones. Passions can be a good laugh, Britania bar is my favourite food at the moment, although Bologne used to do nice food (maybe they have changed the chef). You are morte oikely to catch a one off strip night up the top end of town than find much in the centre.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Was in Sosua last weekend and the center was very much alive, The Sosua Life, Club 59, El Flow were all full, on the street you couldn't find a place to park. As far as the girls go, it's always the same, what you might consider ugly another man could consider a 10, and vise-versa.

sincedayone

Feb 24, 2009
Since im staying 5 days how much money should i change out to pesos.

I dont plan on eat out alot, maybe acouple of clubs and bars

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Bring your debit card, ATMs are all over the place, or bring Dollars and change what you need on daily basis, what you don't spend bring home.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
there are many cambio's to change out money. i notice the clubs give you a bad rate if you buy drinks in dollars.
since you are a first timer i wouldn't trust the street money changers unless you meet up with an ex-pat who can steer you to a legit street money changer.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
All the clubs are hip hop orientated mixed up with some trad, if you like hip hop I can't think of a better scene to be around.
As I said above, mainly the girls around now are the lower end of the chain, infected and rejected, the streets are always full on an evening but just sit back and look at what they are full with. Just becasue they are beautiful does not make them clean so just be a little careful if you choose that route of entertainment (although from the sounds of it some locals still need a sign around the neck of the girl to give out warning signs.

Good luck

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Don't listen anything HUG is saying. It is all BS. Sorry. Obviously he has had very bad experience in DR, as he stated in the other thread, and now he is trying to pain everything dark. Sosua is very much happening and the girls situation is always the same. From uglies to 10s, you will find everything. He's infection story is BS too. You are not an idiot and you know you are with a whore, so act that way.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
STAY AWAY FROM WEED. The guy who will sell you will most likely set you up with the cops, then the cops will shake you down for the last Dollar you have and split it with the dealer that tipped them off, and that is if you are lucky. If you don't have the amount they want it is jail time.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Lol Does anyone know how the weed is down there?? Is it hard to get??

I strongly suggest you DO NOT speak to anybody about drugs of any kind, you will wind up being set up and spend hard time in Fortaleza and/or pay a very large sum to get out, if you are lucky.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If you read my past posts you will see that my doctor passed this info onto me. If it is BS then fine. I'd rather take the word of a doctor than those of yourself who I do not know. The girls often get blood tests as gringos expect it before moving a girl in with them, or considering spending a couple of weeks with the same one. Pretty simple really. Just passing my experience on, and I do have alot of experience in Sosua, not all great fair enough but I've had my good times, I have no need to talk Sosua down, I'm sure with that attitude you will eventually fall victim to something, lets hope its not so serious ah!!

Obviously avoid drugs, even if you don't touch them it is easy enough to get tangled up in all sorts of nightmares.

ghost722

Jan 14, 2009
Are there any videos of the insides of dominican jails? If there are, I think it should be required viewing for anyone even contemplating doing something illegal in the DR.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
so how does he know the women are infected ? :ermm:

oh didn't you know kyle that now they stamp a big red infected sighn on all those girls in sosua. and as far as weed goes your better of risking bringing your own hidden in or on your body then trying to buy it from some low life dealer in the streets. Avoid any unnecessary contact as possible with those street dominican males. they will set you up with the police to extort money from you,or the will look to rob you with bodily harm. STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS PERIOD.......