Express bus

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
I read in a travel book that there is express bus to Santo Domingo Independencia Park. Where in BC do I catch this bus?

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
At the small park on the main stip ( Calle Duarte ) in front of Hotel Don Paco.
50 pesos, It will take you to a small bus depot there you get on a second bus.
Its runs pretty frequent.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
At the small park on the main stip ( Calle Duarte ) in front of Hotel Don Paco.
50 pesos, It will take you to a small bus depot there you get on a second bus.
Its runs pretty frequent.

Its gone up to 60 pesos now (i just returned). Never seen a guagua on Duarte itself...but i catch it anywhere on the street that runs parallel to Duarte in BC (calle san rafael). I catch it right across the small church that is across from "central park"

The first guagua is free and then you pay when your transfer at the small Depot on the highway. I usually try to grab a seat up front and let the driver know that i want to get off at parque indepencia.

Now the hard part (for me) is trying to figure out which guagua to catch in S.D. to get me back to the bus terminal THERE to catch the guagua back to B.C. I've done it once with a friend..and i know the ave (ave mella?) that it runs on...i just dont know which one to take so i end up taking a taxi (200 pesos) to the station in S.D. DO make sure that you catch the guagua that says Express on the way back (it still makes some stops near and in Andreas...but the other one makes many many more stops).

One question I have is... when DOES the last guagua run from SD to BC? Some people tell me 11pm some tell me 9 PM.

@ the OP. I think i am making this sound more difficult than it is. I find getting from BC to SD very easy...just a bit more confusing on the way back.

One last thing. Its always good to know and have the exact fare with you. And the guaguas (busses) at either depot depart when the bus is full.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
Best, I clarify!

Its the "Quad" sided park on calle Duarte,
but the bus only stops on the ( calle San Rafael ) side of it.

Hotel Don Paco and the Bank are landmarks to help with bearings.

Very obvious, hard to miss.

I too have trouble on the way back, and eventually pay 150 -200 pesos back to the bus terminal and ask for the express to BC.

Still much less than a taxi..... Good Luck!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Its the "Quad" sided park on calle Duarte,
but the bus only stops on the ( calle San Rafael ) side of it.

Hotel Don Paco and the Bank are landmarks to help with bearings.

Very obvious, hard to miss.

I too have trouble on the way back, and eventually pay 150 -200 pesos back to the bus terminal and ask for the express to BC.

Still much less than a taxi..... Good Luck!

if you are coming up Duarte in SD,from china town,there is a park just before plaza lama,Parque Erenquillo.Take a right on the little street just before plaza lama,it has no traffic,just small book kioscs,go to next corner and go left,on the right side is la parada to boca chica.Busses leaving all the time...
bob

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks,
I understand the part about returning to BC. We did it twice the last time and took for ever. I even asked one of the Tourist cops and he didn't know about the Express bus.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks,
I understand the part about returning to BC. We did it twice the last time and took for ever. I even asked one of the Tourist cops and he didn't know about the Express bus.

take bus to la romana,juan dolio,get off in boca chica....about 20 to 30 min.
air condit,fast,not many stops...la parada on caracas,just off of duarte,on left going up duarte from china town...
bob

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
I never figure out

what time of the first bus and last bus. When I asks this question, I always get different anwer every time. Who has info about first bus and last bus? If taking early flight or late arrival from airport, this info can save some taxi money.
The express bus staion is on calle Jose marti near hte ave 27 feb