using Magicjack without pc???

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was in a call center in santiago. I was shocked to see USA out going calls were 1 peso / minute. Upon questioning, I was told the calls were made through magicjack device. But but, I didn't see any pc with MJ unit connected. So I dug deeper into the details. To my surprise, the tigres had implemented a trick the hackers worldwide are using to divorce magicjack unit from pc and actually programming a vonage type sip device (example: linksys pap2-na model) and using MJ like a vonage type phone.
Wow wow wow. No more having to leave the pc on to use MJ. Just have the sip device connected to router like vonage and good bye monthly charges.
This is happening all over DR, in call center businesses. The price for the linksys pap2-na unlocked unit is anywhere from 1700-1800 pesos and 700 pesos for programming. The process is quite challenging if one has no clue of this type of system. The tigre in santiago sells to unit for 1800 pesos and programming is free. I have seen the unit with my own eyes and tested it myself. It works like a charm, even better then when its connected to pc.
Search the google on this setup and you will see so many people are doing it.
yes, it against MJ's terms of agreement and if you are caught, your service will be terminated and your number will be lost.
Good luck.
AZB
linksys_pap2.jpg

linksys pap2-na

3262555972_df5a388364.jpg

No need to do this now or keep the pc on. the Magicjack unit goes in to drawer to collect dust for a long time.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like so many things here, the tigres will phuck it up for the rest of us. I do not seem to have MJ service today. Last night it was fine...I wonder if there is a connection???

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My MJ is working fine. I just made a call.
Hillbilly is right, the tigres in long distance call centers (internet cafes) will screw it up for the rest of us, not because they are using a vonage box instead of a pc but because they are using it for commercial purposes. Using mega amounts of minutes for business purposes as opposed to private use. I mean if a person had a MJ and if he has to leave his pc on to use it, then chances are he will use it for a limited amount of time in a day. Now the tigres are using it in long distance call centers all over this country. They are using up talk time minutes in insane numbers / day. If this trend is going on all over internet cyber cafes to make calls to usa and canada in latin american countries, them magicjack will soon start to lose money. They might go bankrupt or simply raise the rates for everyone else. may even charge a monthly fee.
But but, the usage of linksys sip device is a very good idea if you are going to use it for private usage (at home). The trick was invented by american hackers originally.
AZB

ken_rn69

Mar 8, 2009
How can I get in touch with this guy?

Can you tell me where the guy is located in Santiago who sells these units for 1800 pesos with free programming? I'd like to improve the quality of my phone calls and I get tired of having to leave my laptop running all the time just to have phone service to call home. Please e-mail response to my username at the Y place.

Thanks in advance.
ken_rn69

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Wonder if you could program you MJ SIP into a pocket pc phone and use it anywhere there is a wifi.

BTW another voip service, Broadvoice, now allows multiple connections for the same line at the same time. Each additional connection is 2.95 US per month in addition to your plan.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wonder if you could program you MJ SIP into a pocket pc phone and use it anywhere there is a wifi.

BTW another voip service, Broadvoice, now allows multiple connections for the same line at the same time. Each additional connection is 2.95 US per month in addition to your plan.

There have been reports of people using their Iphone+ voip program+sip info and using it as voip phone in wifi areas. This means, your magicjack credentials can be programmed into wifi enables phones (iphone) and can be used in wifi areas.
People are doing it right now.
AZB

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
There have been reports of people using their Iphone+ voip program+sip info and using it as voip phone in wifi areas. This means, your magicjack credentials can be programmed into wifi enables phones (iphone) and can be used in wifi areas.
People are doing it right now.
AZB

Very nice, thanks

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Lets continue to talk about voip systems which can help people in DR, calling usa and the world.
I have been reading up on voip (voice over IP, meaning: calling people through internet). To my surprise, I have come to realize, we are living in dark ages for a long time. You ask Dr1 experts what do they use to call usa and canada? they instantly say skype. According to my research, skype is the worst way to call usa if you live in DR. Skype maybe free when you live in usa but its not free when you live in DR.
So there are plenty of other programs that can get you free minutes, quality and service to you if you have to call usa, canada and western europe land lines.
example: www.smsdiscount.com, www.voipstunt.com etc. these programs will require you to put in 10 euro in their account and now you get free 300 minutes week for 120 days to call western europe land lines and noth american (including canada) cell and land lines free. then after that they charge anywhere from 1/2 cent (euro) to 1 cent euro / minute to call north america or western europe land lines. This is way better than skype and you get free minutes for 120 days.
then you have free webpages (reliability is an issue), but they are free so don't expect too much: bueno.com will get you free calls to anywhere in usa. no downloading of the program is required. just have the plugin installed and you're ready to go.
Then you have webpages which allow you 10 mins free calls to europe and other countries if you have an american number. What it does is, you put in your american numer (example: magicjack) and put in european number. then press call, it will call both parties. you simply pick up your phone when it rings and talk to the other party (who also gets a call).
Free Phone Calls with FREEBUZZER.COM
PokeTalk - Make Free International Calls From Your Phone, Free Domestic and International Calls
QtTel
remember, they are free pages so they have a lot of traffic. be patient.

iCall - Make and receive free phones calls on your computer, iPhone, iPod Touch, and Web Browser
download the desktop version and make free north american (including canada) calls for 5 minutes. excellent quality.

now the best deal for canadians:
FreePhoneLine - Free Voip Services
note: must register with a real canadian address and get a free canadian phone number a csanadian city of your choice. now you can get free incoming calls from anyone in canada from their home phone or cell and you would be able to make calls to anyone also. please note: this offer is only useful if you live in canada, so the trick is to register a canadian address and you will be all set from DR.
Then you have the magicjack programmed on linksys pap2-na ata unit. Oh boy, now the pc and usb device doesn't have to be connected. it becomes a poor man's vonage without the monthly cost and the quality becomes excellent. No more breaking up of sound.
Then there are ways to get a free american line number assigned to you to receive incoming calls from usa or from any phone. The number will be assigned to you, free and it can be programmed on the vonage type device. So you will get incoming calls for free at no cost to anyone if people in north america have calling plan that includes free minutes to all over usa. remember, you can call that person free from the free internet programs also.
So if you have a girlfriend living in santo domingo or santiago, you can give her a programmed linksys unit (like vonage device) with free incoming call number from usa. now you can call her from usa for free at will. she has to have dsl service. No monthly cost to anyone. this trick can be used for business in DR. American clients would be able to call for free.
Guys, there are so many ways to have free service and completely legal that you can't imagine. just do your research and you will find plenty of goodies, free on the net.
AZB