lyrics to la Pared

Status
Not open for further replies.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Can anyone explain to me waht Joe Veras means with these words? Y aunque me le pongan vidrio,
cuello y fondo de botella.
I translate them but in English they don';t mean much- is it a saying in Spanish- thanks Mike;)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
He don't mind if his girl friend's family set broken glass bottles on top of the wall, nobody is going to stop him from getting in her house.
Got it???

JJ

May 31, 2005
Have you seen places with concrete walls all around them? Sometimes they will put pieces of glass from a bottle on top to keep people from climbing the walls.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
uno quiere para qu lo quieren

would you be able to help with this one the , too, by El Torito..? Uno quiere pa' que lo quieren, uno ama pa' que lo ame, - in English transtaed it really doesn't make much sense... many thanks - I love bachata but sometimes it's not easy to get the exact meaning ( though inevitably it is about a girl who left a guy, or a girl who hurt a guy, or a girl who deceived a guy................)thanks

?

? bient?t

For a moment I thought this was a post about Felipe Pirela's hit "La pared." Known as el bolerista de Am?rica, Pirela lives on through the combined vocies of El Torito and Charlie Zaa. Youtube him - you won't be disappointed.

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
would you be able to help with this one the , too, by El Torito..? Uno quiere pa' que lo quieren, uno ama pa' que lo ame,

Amstellite, verbs amar and querer both mean to love.

Uno quiere para que lo quieran./ Uno ama para que lo amen. Both sentences mean: One loves to be loved.

Con amor, Norma

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
sorry for the late reply- thanks for the translation of Uno quiere.... Now it makes sense.. cheers ...

El Sulli

Dec 22, 2009
More complete translation, one desires so that they are desired, one loves so that they are loved

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Amstellite...
In English, there may be no distinction between "amar" and "querer." Both may be translated as "to love." However, in Spanish, "amar" and "querer" are not equal in feeling/passion/commitment. "Amar" is the stronger of the two. It is not the same when a woman whispers in your ear, "Te quiero" as when she says, "Te amo." Like the Mexican singer, Jose Jose, says in his song, "el amar y el querer no es igual."

Status
Not open for further replies.