Taxi !!

K

Kristy

Hi,

I am going to DR again on 26th December, this time I am not going with Tour Operator. Can anyone give me an idea of how much either in RD$ or USD,a taxi is from Puerto Plata Airport to either Bahia Principe if you know it, or Rio San Jaun, ten mins down the road??

Many Thanks

Adios
Kristy

L

Lynda

You should e-mail the hotel to see if they have any vacancies at this busy time of year.

K

Kristy

Lynda - Re: Taxi !!

Thanks,

I already have the hotel booked, I have stayed there twice already this year, my (what will be on the 26th December) finance works there, and its really for my parents to stay there, although I am booked in there, I wont be sleeping there, as my other half is not allowed. So we have another local Hotel.
But thanks for the concern

G

Grahame Bush

Kristy,
The journey from Puerto Plata airport is about 45 mins. The cost of an AIRPORT taxi is about 500 - 700 pesos but if you manage to get out of the airport to the main road (1/2 mile 10 minute walk but 7 miles with luggage!!!) you could find a local taxi to take you there for a cost of about 200 pesos. You MUST have good Spanish by now, try negotiation with the taxi drivers (but remember to smile while being rude in laughing at the prices they ask for!!). - Grahame.

R

Ronald Heyne

Kristy,

if you take a taxi at the airport it will be around 700-800 RD$, better have your friend arrange one for you, he should be able to get it for about 500 RD$ (and might even come with the taxi to pick you up).

Ronald

K

Kristy

Thanks, Ronald, it is my (what will be on the day I arrive)fiance, and he is coming to the airport, so hopefully should get a good rate. Just wanted an idea of roughly how much it would cost.

Thanks all, I appreciate the info