Found a job in NYC while in DR!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Just a fun story that I want to share with people.

Was in the DR last week and I was sitting on the beach and my cell rang...and for some reason i answered it. It ended up being a recruiter for a job! She asked if i could come in for an interview and I explained where I was. So we set up a telephone interview with the employer.

So there I am...sitting on the beach, with my long time special friend on one side and a presidente on the other side when the Interviewer called me. I had to explain the loud Bachata music in the background etc...and when i told him where i was he laughed and asked for some Brugal! lol

Well...i nailed the interview and i start on tuesday! Ironicaly...the job is for a Latino Television/Media company here in NYC/Brooklyn!!!

I just sat on the beach in AWE...and couldnt stop laughing! I think I must be the only person to travel to the DR and find a job in NYC while on vacation!

Ok..thats it...just a fun story that I thought I would share. Its only freelance...but hey..its a start!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Awesome, and a tribute to good communications, and a sense of humor...

Great thing to happen during a month when 671,000 lost jobs in the US...

My son in Florida was able to get three jobs!!, after he was hired to run a clothing factory...So he upped and left the factory and now has one paying double (so he says) in his favorite field....

HB

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Awesome, and a tribute to good communications, and a sense of humor...

Great thing to happen during a month when 671,000 lost jobs in the US...

My son in Florida was able to get three jobs!!, after he was hired to run a clothing factory...So he upped and left the factory and now has one paying double (so he says) in his favorite field....

HB

Well..i got another call as well from another company who said they are "desperate" for my skills...i hope to talk to them tomorrow.

Despite this horrible economy one has to keep loooking! there ARE jobs out there! I am in hopes that the second job is more of a match...but i will give job #1 a shot as well!

Reactions: Bronxboy

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Congrats, nice story!

I firmly believe things happen when we least expect them to.

Good luck in your endeavours.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
great news, hope things work out for the best.............two job offers.........awesome