Good Article

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
On the closed thread

There was a recently closed thread where the poster was asking for a "safe" place which was nevertheless near the "ladies" and bars and clubs - and I sort of wondered at this since from my experience the areas that have this sort of "entertainment" in the States are always considered risky and unsafe - I would be interested to hear of posters ideas of why there is an expectation that one ought to be able to find gambling, drinking and prostitution here without any risks? And, as another discussion, whether there is any thought that such activities might not best be confined to certain districts? I understand that Sosua has a "strip" - does that mean sort of red light district where such activities are confined/ Does that make the other areas of the beach more family friendly?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the red light strip is not that bad in sosua (it kind of adds a talking point ...like amsterdam)....you may get your bottom patted as you pass through- it never felt dangerous to me( keep a hand on your valuables as you walk through obviously lol)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I wonder if he contributes on DR1... if not, perhaps we should issue an invite :glasses:

Feb 7, 2007
Looks like the guy is professor of communications, some passages remind me of my old coursework in communications classes. Btw very very good articles.