Finally!!!!! News from Haiti

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Thought I would share with everyone our update. This morning our MP called me directly and to my great surprise Haiti is ready to issue my wifes visa, no interview required! The officer handling our file personally called her and left her direct line in case we had any questions.

They mentioned they are aware her medicals are set to expire on April 4th, and are going to put a rush on it ( she would not be able to re-do them because she's pregnant ). They needed her to bring the following to the embassy in Santo Domingo ASAP:

Original birth certificate
Original marriage certificate
Her passport

I just sent her today via FedEx the docs, and she should get them tomorrow. She'll be dropping them off hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

She should be arriving to this cold within the month! Whooooohooooooo.

Thanks to everyone here for your great support and advise along the way!

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Great news! I am so happy you will be together for the birth here in Canada!!! Congrats!

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Great news, congrats. I would love to see the look on her face as she steps into some serious cold, I've always wondered how my girl would deal with winter conditions, hopefully one day.
Have a great time.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
congratulations!! just when you thought there was no hope....i am so happy for you guys!!

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks guys and gals. I was about to pack it all in for Canada very soon. THANK GOD we got this information today!!! Hope some of the guys get their wives here now......

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Wow am I out of the loop...should read these posts more often. That is wonderful news!!! yahoo....good luck!!