Sosua house invasions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
last night there was a rather nasty house invasion in Sosua...recently they had had an alarm system fitted. I also know of a similar case where this happened withiin a short time of having the same company install an alarm system ..............Im wondering if anyone else knows of cases of home invasions shortly after having alarm systems installed , as one can not obviously go round accusing people with little evidence...although in both cases only certain things were taken

morlandg

Feb 20, 2007
When having an alarm system fitted the first thing you should do is change the master code... did they to your knowledge do this?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
apparently neither had had it fitted before the invasion - just had survey and awaiting fixing

Mar 2, 2008
jr,

In your opinion, is this more than just a coincidence? Was the modus operandi similar in each case?

Are there any other common factors that might have contributed to these homes being invaded, such as any recent bank activity, major purchases, repair work, or any other significant activity.

What was taken in each case?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
pump/batteries then large screen tv in first -shot at watchman
laptops then tv in second - shot through patio window

both recently constructed houses backing onto open land with no neighbour visibility and wall high enough to climb over

apparently the police were there in 10 minutes ...so it is worth a call - some go unreported

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
pump/batteries then large screen tv in first -shot at watchman
laptops then tv in second - shot through patio window

both recently constructed houses backing onto open land with no neighbour visibility and wall high enough to climb over

apparently the police were there in 10 minutes ...so it is worth a call - some go unreported

Did they kill the watchman? Or just shot and missed?

What part (area) of Sosua did it happen? Both houses in the same area?

james

Jan 14, 2002
Will somebody please let us know which part of Sosua it was on those 2 occasions. We heard some shots last night at 2 different times maybe 15 minutes apart ..a group of 4 shots then 3 shots...approx (930 or 10pm)

james

Jan 14, 2002
Hello Jrhartley.
We have some outstanding questions for you in this thread and would appreciate a reply. If it is really necesary to do a PM to get this info then let me know. Since you have been replying on other threads recently I can only assume you are ignoring us. There should be no reason this is a great secret since you mentioned in the first place. Approx location and time would maybe help nearby residents think about having maybe seen something out of the normal in those areas amongst other things.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the thread is about suspicions about an alarm company - it seems nothing similar has happened to anyone else so the suspicions may be groundless - just thought Id ask to see how the land lay

james

Jan 14, 2002
Then why did you bother to answer about the watchman but not the other questions.
Is there some reason you can not answer please. Would you maybe PM me the info?
There is a very good chance I know more about what happens in this country than you do and could make good use of the information.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I met with the one of the owners the morning of/after the incident. This was in the Sosua area and was a home invasion. NO ONE WAS HURT physically. I will not give any details. I do not have the right to give details and respect others rights of privacy. If they wish to post that is up to them. Otherwise, speculation and non-factual third, forth or more postings become postings of imaginations gone awry.

I don't have permission to post this so I apologize to the our friends. I don't think that this thread serves any real purpose with distorted rants without the proper facts. Innuendos about this, that and others is erroneous and becomes very destructive. We all now know about this home invasion and should be all that is to advise.

Can we close this gossip thread please?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm closing this to avoid misunderstandings. If the people concerned want to post about their experience, they are free to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.