Rechargable batteries availability in Sabaneta, Cabarete or Sosua?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I urgently need some rechargable batteries for my walkie-talkie radios. The ones I have are marked NI-MH Battery Pack, Model BP40 and they are like 4 AAA batteries in one pack. I know I can get them at Radio Shack in Santiago but have no plans to go there in the short term and, with all these robberies I keep hearing about, I would like to be able to maintain contact with my neighbours. Can anyone please help in giving me information of where I may get them without a trip to a city?

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Cheramico, you can buy anything in cheramico, somehow. If it isn't in a shop they will have it in 25mins.
I've been for alsorts of unexpected stuff there, from hot water bottles to tea cosies and tap washers to shoe insoles and hair colour to blood tests, quite an amazing little dive.
I couldn't name a shop but someone will know!

M

MirianAmor

Cheramico, you can buy anything in cheramico, somehow. If it isn't in a shop they will have it in 25mins.
I've been for alsorts of unexpected stuff there, from hot water bottles to tea cosies and tap washers to shoe insoles and hair colour to blood tests, quite an amazing little dive.
I couldn't name a shop but someone will know!

Did you mean Las Charamicos? The computer store there has a branch in Sabaneta de Yasica, actually Vera Agua.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I urgently need some rechargable batteries for my walkie-talkie radios. The ones I have are marked NI-MH Battery Pack, Model BP40 and they are like 4 AAA batteries in one pack. I know I can get them at Radio Shack in Santiago but have no plans to go there in the short term and, with all these robberies I keep hearing about, I would like to be able to maintain contact with my neighbours. Can anyone please help in giving me information of where I may get them without a trip to a city?
If the pack IS the same size/shape & voltage as 4 AAA batteries WB you should be able to use 4 AAA in the units until you can get a replacement rechargeable pack! Take the unit to the nearest computer/electrical shop & try it out!

Just thinking outside the box a bit! Good Luck ~ Grahame.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I don't know that area, but there is a new Interstate battery store in Santiago. They have every batteries for pretty much everything. Cell phone, inversor, vehicles, lawn movers,APC, hearing aids, power tools, etc.. - that is all they do- batteries.
When you drive out from Stgo towards Puerto Plata and leave the rotunda, they are about 1 Km on the right.

The Hun

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Many thanks to all for your help. Grahame, I have used 4 x AAA batteries as a temporary measure but, unfortunately, there don't seem to last very long so am looking for a more permanent solution asap.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
They have every batteries for pretty much everything. Cell phone, inversor, vehicles, lawn movers,APC, hearing aids, power tools, etc..

The Hun

Wow, I could really do with a battery powered lawn mover, as I don't like where mine is:devious:

I wouldn't recommend the electric Armoured Personnel Carrier though, the diesel ones are far better!

Sorry.....couldn't resist;)