Gold's Gym

Celery013

Sep 21, 2006
Does anyone happen to be a member of the Gold's Gym in Santo Domingo?

If so, what are the membership fees like? Also, are Yoga classes offered there? Or, even better, does anyone know of any Yoga studios in the capital?

Thanks!

-C

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Does the SD Golds have a one week style guest past available for out of town visitors if sponsored by a current local member

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Does the SD Golds have a one week style guest past available for out of town visitors if sponsored by a current local member

I think you can get a week pass for free if some friend of yours knows the owners or manager. They do sell daily pass for about 200 pesos / day (santiago price). I use the SD gold gym on paseo de locutores. Its a well equipped gym.
AZB

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Does anyone happen to be a member of the Gold's Gym in Santo Domingo?

If so, what are the membership fees like? Also, are Yoga classes offered there? Or, even better, does anyone know of any Yoga studios in the capital?

Thanks!

-C

The day passes are RD$250 for complete use of the gym. I believe they do offer yoga classes, and there are yoga studies and pilates studios in SD. Membership is RD$10,000 inscription and RD$2,800 (when I lasted checked) per month. There monthly fee goes down if you pay by credit card.

The gym is well equipped, yet extremely cold. The AC is on full blast all day. The trainers are .... .... .... They do have many machines and plenty of spaces, but the quality of the service is ... ... ..... They have some nice mirrors and a nice bathroom area, but the gym as a whole is... ... ....

I have been to plenty of gyms in my life. Gold's is a C- in my book. I am using MY rating system, from MY experience, taking into consideration what I look for in a gym.

Mr. Lu

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
$2,800RD per month! Geez that's like $80US. I am a member of Gold's here in DC and I pay half that. And my membership allows me to work out at any Gold's gym on the globe.

Why is membership to Gold's in the DR so expensive?

Vince.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
$2,800RD per month! Geez that's like $80US. I am a member of Gold's here in DC and I pay half that. And my membership allows me to work out at any Gold's gym on the globe.

Why is membership to Gold's in the DR so expensive?

Vince.

Because most things in SD are expensive...

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I think you can get a week pass for free if some friend of yours knows the owners or manager. They do sell daily pass for about 200 pesos / day (santiago price). I use the SD gold gym on paseo de locutores. Its a well equipped gym.
AZB

AZB i met you once at Belgrado,s and i currently have a golds membership, so does that mean i qualify a guest for a one week pass?

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
I'm a Gold's member

and I pay 2,000 monthly, paid in cash not credit card. And yes they offer Yoga classes.
SD Gold's Gym
nydr