Home invasion in Sosua

oilers

Mar 1, 2008
Regarding the post by Jrhartley about the home invasion in Sosua, I am the home owner that was invaded. Jr should get his facts straight before shooting his mouth off. There was no watchman shot, we did not have a watchman. The alarm system was NOT installed . We had the alarm company come and give us a quote and was supposed to have it installed the next day. After the robbery , the alarm company returned my deposit the next day as I decided not to heve it installed as we are selling the house .

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I was talking about two different properties several months apart with similar circumstances - sorry I was trying to be helpful.

Reactions: MikeFisher
Mar 2, 2008
I don't see that much discrepancy between the two accounts, certainly not enough to get defensive about.

Jr mentioned that the alarms were not installed, in one of his subsequent posts, and he clearly stated there were two separate incidents.

I see no reason to criticize jr for trying to get the information out there. There was no harm intended.

I think the reaction of the homeowner has more to do with the frustration he must feel about the invasion than from it has to do with his displeasure with jr's reporting, but that's really beside the point.

I believe jr was well-intended and was doing us a good turn by posting the information as he did.

I don't believe he deserves to be treated to any gratuitous negative comments over what appears to be a minor misunderstanding.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't see that much discrepancy between the two accounts, certainly not enough to get defensive about.

Jr mentioned that the alarms were not installed, in one of his subsequent posts, and he clearly stated there were two separate incidents.

I see no reason to criticize jr for trying to get the information out there. There was no harm intended.

I think the reaction of the homeowner has more to do with the frustration he must feel about the invasion than from it has to do with his displeasure with jr's reporting, but that's really beside the point.

I believe jr was well-intended and was doing us a good turn by posting the information as he did.

I don't believe he deserves to be treated to any gratuitous negative comments over what appears to be a minor misunderstanding.

i second that
Mike

oilers

Mar 1, 2008
home invasion

Sorry to jrhartley as I miss read the post the first time. My wife and I have been under great stress as of latley. He does clearly state they were seperate instances, but as I say I miss read it. Hard to see straight at this time. Sorry

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
no apology needed - we just need to look at all possibilities and make everyone extra vigilant

how about we start a thread of things that go missing - so that people can look out for them in the shops- it might cut down on their outlets at least

M

MirianAmor

no apology needed - we just need to look at all possibilities and make everyone extra vigilant

how about we start a thread of things that go missing - so that people can look out for them in the shops- it might cut down on their outlets at least

I actually have 'photos, if your interested.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
not a good idea if it show the inside of someones house,best to let as few people as possible know the layout of your home - i was thinking more of people saying makes of items lost ,distinguishing marks and town it went missing from etc- in case they are spotted

nomads

Oct 31, 2007
Might I suggest that you engrave your name and telephone number on your property That way it can be identified as stolen , making it harder to sell and maybe even get returned to you. also keeping photographic records of valuable items, can help prove ownership.
t.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
...just trying to lighten the mood...

If I were to lead a life on the streets of Sosua, without a home in which to dwell, then I wouldn't be subject to this type of robbery, correct?

r1wldd.gif

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it's easier than that,
just make a lifetime lasting and guaranteed contract with a american firm like ...security, all machines installed and maintained of course, get a couple of hot dobermans(make sure they know you are the boss), get some of those firearms sold cheap on the street(don't forget to buy the needed shots) and get a trustworthy 100% reliable wife which of course has the training to handle those firearms (in case you are not home or just too tired or too drunk or too what ever) for house protection (not against you b/c some rumors said you've been seen with a younger/sexier model) and nothing can happen to ya.
all will be just fine.
Mike

o.k.,
plan "B" may be:
look for a better 'hood