Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Banco Popular withdrawl limit?

Anyone else had communication for Banco Popular saying that the daily withdrawl limit has been reduced to $3,500 for ATMs?

And I thought that $10,000 per day was a pain in the ass!! Now to braving the 45-1hr cues in the bank every time I need some cash.

Anyone know why they've done it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the BP ATM limit was $10k pesos per transaction, not per day.

Either way, 3500 is ridiculous.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

last time i used my CC at a machine of banco popular been 2 weeks ago, i took 2 sweeps of 10.000.- pesos each like often, no problems.
    did not hear that they limited that, would be a real p.i.t.a., yeap, i mean 3500 would be not even 100 US$, and that per day???
    Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The text message I got from them says it was temporary.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Anyone else had communication for Banco Popular saying that the daily withdrawl limit has been reduced to $3,500 for ATMs?

And I thought that $10,000 per day was a pain in the ass!! Now to braving the 45-1hr cues in the bank every time I need some cash.

have not seen or heard that...I usually take 30,000 pesos,with a 10,000 max
    each swipe...have been doing that for some time...
    bob

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarbob View Post
    have not seen or heard that...I usually take 30,000 pesos,with a 10,000 max
    each swipe...have been doing that for some time...
    bob
    yet.. I just received notification today.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post

Did you receive the information in the same manner as Chip - by TEXT massage? Seems a very unprofessional way for a bank like Banco Popular to communicate with customers!!

What did your branch manager of Banco Popular say when you 'PHONED' him to check if this was official bank policy or just a error or maybe a hoax by someone else?

You HAVE 'phoned them I take it? ~ Grahame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BushBaby View Post
    Did you receive the information in the same manner as Chip - by TEXT massage? Seems a very unprofessional way for a bank like Banco Popular to communicate with customers!!

What did your branch manager of Banco Popular say when you 'PHONED' him to check if this was official bank policy or just a error or maybe a hoax by someone else?

Email and text message. Its only a "temporary" situation, but temporary could mean a lot of things!!!

The email is actually a image file, think this should work...

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

This is official policy now. There are notices next to the atms here. I asked the manager and he said it was temporary to cut down on fraud??? No answer to if there is something we should know about. Maybe they are running out of money??? Hopefully not!!

And if I read it right it is only 1000RD$ at night. Can't see the working girls being too pleased about that!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BushBaby View Post

I'd like to get one of those!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast