Jungle Juiced bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregandlynn

Aug 16, 2006
does anyone have any actual reliable info on this place? As it is up for sale I would really appreciate the help.
The real estate agent is not really that bright (sorry)

I would love to know if it is a little bar that people actually use. Although the agent denies this, I have heard it was closed for a while?

Any help would be great.

Thank you .
Lynn

aross

Nov 15, 2007
does anyone have any actual reliable info on this place? As it is up for sale I would really appreciate the help.

I would love to know if it is a little bar that people actually use. Although the agent denies this, I have heard it was closed for a while?

Any help would be great.

Thank you .
Lynn

Where is it located

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
1f77k3.jpg

gregandlynn

Aug 16, 2006
thanks ferniebee..I have seen all the pics and it looks clean..however the Realtors info shows equipment..when looking at the pics all I can see is household type cooking equip..not restaurant quality.

fernie do you live there?
are you familiar with the bar?

thanks
Lynn

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I'm only a tourist. All the info I posted came by way of Google.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

:glasses:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Any help would be great.

Thank you .
Lynn

You can rent almost any caseta on Sosua Beach for US$200/month plus a can of paint and you have a beach bar for a lot less money. .

tambo'

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
This is the "Canadian Bar" It's in full operation. Don't except any expensive quality equipment there. It's a very basic beachbar.

Reactions: mike l

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004

Any help would be great.

Thank you .
Lynn

As I said on another board you really should come down and visit before you purchase a place sight unseen. My understanding is that you have not been here before, is this correct? I sell real estate and i would not sell you something that you have not seen. Nor sell you anything if you have not been here before. You are asking for trouble if you buy it with out seeing it and experiencing the Sosua area.

Bob K

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Think Bob is giving great advice here.
It’s a couple of bars along from the famous Siempre Sol!
The thing with these bars is that people find a couple of their favourites and will only use the same 2 or 3 bars for their trips.
It takes time to build up a custom.

If I was looking to “purchase” one – go and rent it for a month or 2 first at $200 or $300. It will probably save you a hell of a lot in the long run!

It’s the dream – but it aint as easy as you may think!

Good luck.

gregandlynn

Aug 16, 2006
hi everyone. Thanks for the help so far. I have finally recieved a little more info from the realtor but to be honest on top of the price the rent is also 240 us per month. Doesn't seem like alot of equipment or building space (I am assuming it is mainly a tin shed) for 33,000 US.

Bobk..thanks for the well meaning advice about coming down first..we DO about 4 times per year, however the last couple years we have tried more the la romana and Punta Cana area. We seriously have been considering a move for a couple of years now, and with the economy so bad here, we have decided that if my husband loses his job, we will take two years and come down. Kinda a two year trial before we buy a home.

A restaurant/bar is what I own here in Canada. We would still keep that as our daughter is quite capable of running it, thus insuring us an income while in the DR.

I think we will take a little last minute trip next week if my husband can get out of work, just to actually check it out. Although we have been there many times, I just do not remember the actual bar.

Cheers and thanks all.

Lynn

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Things to consider:
Its my understanding, not a single owner of these bars have property title. So it means, you are buying business which can be torn down one day by the military and you can be thrown out. This has already happened in puerto plata once. I am not sure if any bar in sosua beach is legal; meaning, the owner holds a property title.
Its also my understanding that not many bars / restaurant in sosua beach are making any real money. They simply make money to pay bills and to live in most basic condition. So now you are telling me that you are willing to pay top dollar for a place with no property title and to top it off, its been closed for business? Doesn't sound like a very promising deal at all.
AZB

gregandlynn

Aug 16, 2006
thanks AZB, these are the kind of answers that we needed. Was not aware that these businesses do not have title. NO I am NOT willing to put out this kind of money for a business that amounts to a couple fridges and a blender and some tables and chairs.

I may be slightly crazy but I am not stupid :cheeky:

Thanks for the info. Think we may skip on this "fantastic opportunity" lol

Lynn

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Live Your Dream...

G & L,

By all means live your dream...

Move to the DR...

Rent a house / apartment...

Rent a casita bar on Sosua Beach...

Make some money ...

Lose some money...

Have a good time...

Make some friends...

Catch some rays...

BUT, LEAVE YOUR INVESTMENTS SAFE IN CANADA...

and never forget;

the best way to leave the DR with a million dollars is to arrive with two million dollars.

Gregg

gregandlynn

Aug 16, 2006
don't worry gregg..not selling our home in canada, not selling our business, and not cashing in any of our retirement income!!

think we will pass on this one though. Seems that we thought it was a good price..not so all things considered. Add to that the fact that Mike and Fisherman are on the east coast, My Greg wonders how long we would be happy in PP before wanting to wander east.

Oh well. Soon. ;)

Lynn

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The only way you will ever make your 33K back is if you find another sucker to buy it.

The advice on this board is golden and converted many suckers into informed business owners.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
I understand that operating on of the beach bars isn't going to make anyone rich but we were wondering if they would work out well enough to basically pay the months bills if and when we manage to move there permanently. Maybe $500 to $1000 bucks a month profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.