No Visa..re Immigration Canada

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
After 4 weeks of waiting for the call to pick up the passport, I contacted my MP who got in touch with Haiti. We were informed today that they now decided they want to interview my husband and that they sent back the passport which he has not recieved or has not been notified to come pick it up. This is extremely confusing we sent the requested documentation they recieved it on a Monday, he was than called by telephone to bring his passport on the Wednesday. Is there more than one person looking at the files?? I would love to know what is going on! We were asked to send an email stating whether we want our interview in Santo Domingo or Haiti.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Laurar what additional documents did they ask for? Would that have anything to do with wanting an interview?

I think we had another poster say that they asked for an interview in Haiti or SD

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
I also received a letter today (dated Feb,19th) asking for an interview in PAP or in SD.

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Anna,
They asked for more proof of a continuing relationship - photos, passport pages (which had been sent in once before), phone records, bank account together (which we don't have yet he cannot get one with his name on it untill he is here and why would I have one down there?). I have only been down once since our marriage (I couldn't take more time off work in 2008 so I had to wait until 2009 - which I explained in the cover letter, but I went the first week in 2009) we are in constant contact 3-4 times a day on the phone, also a IMMRD 10A form BUT the form they sent was IMMH 10A, we tried contacting them to make sure it was the correct form but of course no one responded, I also called the immigration call centre and they said they dont' have the forms that Haiti would send?? So I really don't know and of course they wanted the original marriage certificate.
Along with all that we sent in additional supporting documentation!!! So what gives???

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
im sorry this is happening to you guys.

hopefully the interview date will come shortly and you will still have a happy ending very soon.

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Thank you everyone for you support! This has been extremely upsetting, I thought he would be here by now.

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
Laurar I am sorry to hear about what happened, but just think of it as one more stepping stone before your happily ever after. You have waited this long a couple more weeks won't be that bad! It will be 100% worth it in the end :)

As for the question of if there is more than one officer working on each case I believe the answer is yes. We got our CAIPS notes yesterday and they had the initials of at least 2 different officers in the notes. Papi also got an email from Haiti yesterday stating that within the next 2 weeks they will be calling him to set up his interview. I am very happy right now :)

I want to wish everyones spouse who has to go for an interview the good luck and to everyone still waiting I will be praying for you as I know what it is like to see people having progress and feeling like your case is the only one not moving. My husband and I have been waiting for almost 14 months so the way we are looking at it now is that if we have waited this long already a few more months will just fly by.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Laura,

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be. They call to drop off passports when they make a decision - but to change their mind and not even tell you??

This definitely sucks!!!!

Time to focus on the interview (I'm sure you've already started quizzing him :)) - which will hopefully can be scheduled soon in SD.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi Laurar!

Like Princesa_Pineda said you're almost there and you know for sure he will be interviewed in the next 2 weeks... Keep the faith!

Candy Girl

Apr 21, 2008
Sorry to hear about that. Keep thinking positives thoughts. Just remember the end result with be worth it. I just think its crazy how much the governments put everyone through. Thankfully this site is here and is a support network for everyone and it is really informative. Im new to posting on here but am really enjoying it so far!

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Anna,
They asked for more proof of a continuing relationship - photos, passport pages (which had been sent in once before), phone records, bank account together (which we don't have yet he cannot get one with his name on it untill he is here and why would I have one down there?). I have only been down once since our marriage (I couldn't take more time off work in 2008 so I had to wait until 2009 - which I explained in the cover letter, but I went the first week in 2009) we are in constant contact 3-4 times a day on the phone, also a IMMRD 10A form BUT the form they sent was IMMH 10A, we tried contacting them to make sure it was the correct form but of course no one responded, I also called the immigration call centre and they said they dont' have the forms that Haiti would send?? So I really don't know and of course they wanted the original marriage certificate.
Along with all that we sent in additional supporting documentation!!! So what gives???

Hi

I had my bank write a letter stating that I tried to set up a joint account but it is not possible in Canada, I did have my husband listed as a beneficiery on everything and the bank sent that along with the letter. Just a thought