Codetel router DSL passwords

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Hi guys,

I am setting up a new router for my codetel DSL connection. It is factory configured and has not been set up by codetel - therefore we don't have the codetel logins.

I know the admin/1234 password; this is likely to be a different password inside the router for it to interface with codetel's network. I've also found this by looking in my existing router, which maybe will work: server config url=http://cpe-acs.codetel.net.do username=claro password=codetel3p

We'll be testing it shortly, but not sure if this is right.

Does anyone know what the right passwords are, or how to get them?

Adrian

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Hi guys,

I am setting up a new router for my codetel DSL connection. It is factory configured and has not been set up by codetel - therefore we don't have the codetel logins.

I know the admin/1234 password; this is likely to be a different password inside the router for it to interface with codetel's network. I've also found this by looking in my existing router, which maybe will work: server config url=http://cpe-acs.codetel.net.do username=claro password=codetel3p

We'll be testing it shortly, but not sure if this is right.

Does anyone know what the right passwords are, or how to get them?

Adrian

What type of DSL router did Codetel originally assign you? If it is a Speedtouch the username & password are usually the same and consist of the router serial number. Log into the codetel issued router from a web browser, best to use Mozilla Firefox, at http://10.0.0.1 type default username/password then click on Broadband Connection then on DSL Connection. Copy your username as it appears on the screen and use that as the username/password to configure the new router. If you can't log on the codetel issued router just copy the serial number from the bottom sticker and use it.

NotLurking

Feb 7, 2007
According to Codetel, there is no configuration for username and password needed on DSL modem/router (I ahve Speedstream by Siemens). On various occasions when doing testing on my line, I have been asked to go get a friend's/neighbor's/other DSL modem router and plug it in on my line. I asked whether that would work because they have different account and the techs said yes.

Believe it or not on one occasion I brought in another Speedstream (same as mine) unplugged from a different working DSL location and it just logged in fine on my line.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
ok got it. NotLurking, i followed your instructions and found the username - which is the serial number, exactly as you described. the password is masked, but i assume from your post it is the same as the username. rubio_higuey i have been able to use my same codetel router from santiago here in santo domingo, so maybe no password is required; i will try that.

thank you both for your help!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
i tested both routers; neither works out of the box.

is anyone here able to configure a VPN on my router and interested in being well paid for coming over and doing so? (I am in Santo Domingo).

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Hola amigos. Need some help. I have a claro codetel Hulawei G530 router. We need to get in to set the system up to work properly. I don't have the username and password. Tried the serial number as account and pw. No go. Tried all possible combinations and searched the internet.

Does anyone have this router and know the default username and pw?

Much appreciated.
Cheers!

Feb 7, 2007
Anyone has access username/password "howto" for Thomson Speedtouch (Codetel configured) wifi router/modem? All options/combinations as indicated by Codetel, as well as found online, have been tried to zero avail.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
going to try username = macaddress pw = macaddress Supposedly comes from a Claro tech who is a friend of a friend. Well, you know the story.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Didn't work. :angry:

We have a claro codetel Hulawei G530 router and the mac address on the bottom of the router worked as the password. I think the user name was the WiFi network name (SSID), also on the bottom of the router. Unfortunately I am not in the DR at the moment so I cannot check.

Hope that helps.

Adrian.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Hy Adrian, I tried it again and it DOES WORK. For me, it was User = mac Pw= mac I must have copied it down incorrectly. Thanks.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Anyone has access username/password "howto" for Thomson Speedtouch (Codetel configured) wifi router/modem? All options/combinations as indicated by Codetel, as well as found online, have been tried to zero avail.
rubio_higuey, for this Codetel wireless router try User: S/N Password: S/N The serial number always starts with CP. All the letters you type are case sensitive. Hence when you type CP you'll need to press shift or caps lock.

The serial number is on both the stickers that are on the bottom of the router. Note that the final two characters that are enclosed in parenthesis are not to be included in the user/pass. Here is an example:

S/N: CP044TP8TN (R8)

User: CP044TP8TN
Password: CP044TP8TN

Hope this helps.

thomson-router-TG585v7-infinitum.jpg

NotLurking

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
rubio_higuey, for this Codetel wireless router try User: S/N Password: S/N The serial number always starts with CP. All the letters you type are case sensitive. Hence when you type CP you'll need to press shift or caps lock.

The serial number is on both the stickers that are on the bottom of the router. Note that the final two characters that are enclosed in parenthesis are not to be included in the user/pass. Here is an example:

S/N: CP044TP8TN (R8)

User: CP044TP8TN
Password: CP044TP8TN

Hope this helps.

thomson-router-TG585v7-infinitum.jpg

NotLurking
This is correct.

Our company router has same user/password and it looks like modem uses that same password to call Codetel.

Can anybody confirm that they still have 5 machines (wired or wireless) limit for commercial account? Someone told me that they have somehow limited the machines.