Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ladrones at Playero Supermarket In Sosua!!!!!

I live in Santo Domingo. I was in Sosua yesterday,and stopped into the Playero Supermarket in Sosua for the first time. Lets make a long story short here, when I checked out the bill was 750 pesos. I gave the clerk 1000 pesos. she gave me a handful of 10 ,and 25 peso coins, and a 100 peso note.I guess that was to confuse me! It was only 150 pesos,not the 250 she owed me. I hadnīt spoken to her up until then. I told her in Spanish that she didnīt give me the correct change,and that I was NOT A TOURISTA! She didnīt bat an
    eye,or ask to count the money. She just gave me 100 pesos. Now how did she know that she had shorted me 100 pesos without looking,

Nice to know that the DUMBinicans on the North Shore are thieves just like on the South Shore!! Maybe the whole Country are thieves,,,, Nah!!!!! How could THAT BE!!!!!!!!
    Cris Colon
    Disclaimer(((( To ALL the Dominicans on the island who are NOT thieves,,, I ask you both to forgive me for Stereotyping you!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thant's what you get for coming to Sosua and not stopping by to say hello.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That is so true at Playero. After shopping there for 3 years I bet that at least 95% of the time I am short changed or double rung on the register. I believe that at the end of the day any overage in the drawer is split between the checker and management. It happens too frequently to be a mistake. That on top of the constantly rising prices there for no apparent reason makes me all the more happy that La Sirena is now open. Shopped there for the first time yesterday and i can now say i will only use Playero as a convience store when i need milk, water of a few eggs. No more routine shopping for me there again. Many others that i know in the area feel the same way. Maybe the owner will now be forced to shape up and start giving customer service.

Bob K

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its only a peso here and a peso there or 50 pesos here and 100 pesos there but I too get sick of it at the Playero. I hate going there but my wife enjoys some of the items they offer. At Jose Luis here in POP they tried the same thing with me. When I asked in English for the correct change the girl reached in the draw and without knowing how much i had be short change gave me the correct change. After 2 1/2 years it is no longer a problem but I ALWAYS check my change in front of the cashier, just to be safe.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

On the subject of getting short changed at Jose Luis. Why is it that every time I've completed my weekly purchases there that I never am given the raffle tickets to win the car when on promotion. When I ask for them the girl just tosses them to me out with an angry look. Yet at the same time Dominicans that I see and know that shop there never have to ask, and are probably given more then they purchased. Could it be maybe I didn't read the sign that say gringos can not win the SUV!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaRum View Post
    On the subject of getting short changed at Jose Luis. Why is it that every time I've completed my weekly purchases there that I never am given the raffle tickets to win the car when on promotion. When I ask for them the girl just tosses them to me out with an angry look. Yet at the same time Dominicans that I see and know that shop there never have to ask, and are probably given more then they purchased. Could it be maybe I didn't read the sign that say gringos can not win the SUV!

It's because you are very rich and do not need a free car

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, nay sayers, but I always go to the same checkout girl. Always get the right change. Maybe it is better to wish the new La Sirena well and hope that competition makes for better business at Playero.

Just remember that they (Playero) are running a grocery store in a resort area. Always, in that situation, you pay higher prices. Like it or not.

Lindsey

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post

the DUMBinicans on the North Shore
    Hey! This is offensive.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    Sorry, nay sayers, but I always go to the same checkout girl. Always get the right change. Maybe it is better to wish the new La Sirena well and hope that competition makes for better business at Playero.

Just remember that they (Playero) are running a grocery store in a resort area. Always, in that situation, you pay higher prices. Like it or not.

Lindsey
    You're right about the higher prices.... but that doesn't change the situation of short-changing.. that ain't right

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    It's because you are very rich and do not need a free car
    LOL!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast