Letter from the boss

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
As the CEO of this business that employs 140 people, I have accepted the fact that Barack Obama is our new President, and that our taxes and government fees will now increase in a BIG way.
To compensate for this additional overhead, I figure that the clients will have to see an increase in our fees of about 8%, but since we cannot raise those prices right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off several of our employees instead. This unfortunate economic reality has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go..
After giving it considerable thought, this is what I did: I strolled thru our parking lot and found 11 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a fairer way to approach this problem. They wanted change; I gave it to them.
If you have a better idea, let me know.

Reactions: cobraboy

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Paddy,
I always appreciate your funny posts here.
But this is not funny.
There was a similar joke about some grandparents cutting off their grand daughter for voting for Obama.
Like I say,I enjoy most of your posts,but this is kind of sad.
I am happy to take the pxxs out of both Bush and Obama - satirical comedy contributes to our understanding of our political leaders and of each other.
Post some more stuff that makes me laugh and think, please.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Not Funny

I didn't find it funny either, and I almost always find Paddy's stuff funny, or at least worth seeing or reading. The Clown Bin is not the Political Bin, is it?
I see no irony in the post, (although he probably just cut and pasted it).
This is the thing I enjoy most on DR1, the Clown Bin.
If it ain't funny, post it somewhere else.
Pretty please?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I didn't find it funny either, and I almost always find Paddy's stuff funny, or at least worth seeing or reading. The Clown Bin is not the Political Bin, is it?
I see no irony in the post, (although he probably just cut and pasted it).
This is the thing I enjoy most on DR1, the Clown Bin.
If it ain't funny, post it somewhere else.
Pretty please?

Politics are funny...

I laughed... not a bad way to decide who to fire either... in that situation anyways... lol

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
With respect paddy, its not about "lightening up". With over 12 million jobs lost in the US and I am sure more to come, its hard to laugh. I think we all know people whose lives have been personally affected by this economic crisis.

I think we all have the ability to laugh when the time/circumstances are conducive.

Anyway, no hard feelings, just a difference in opinion.