South West questions??

prjustin

Feb 26, 2009
O.K first off, thanks for all the help on this post with my upcoming trip, you all are great!!!! I have just a few specific questions that will really help me. \
I will be flying into S.D and driving to the Pairiso area for one night and then heading to Pedernales for 3 days. (Cant wait)
#1)
I would like to pick up some supplies, cooler, snacks etc for our time @ Bahia las aguilas etc. any suggestions on somewhere convieneant (Kinda supermarket like) on the way to get supplies?? Or will this be easy to grab @ smaller markets or in Pairiso or pedernales. Iam thinking bread, cheese, fruit, etc.
#2) It sounds like Villas Del Mar in Pedernales is out of the way, does anyone have directions as you arrive in town as my spanish is fairly poor and I probally will be arriving later in the day.
#3) I rented a small SUV and would like to drive to Bahia, Is this out of the question?? The road in some pictures on this post did not look too bad... I also thought about going a second day and hiring a boat to see the beautiful coast from the water. sounds like 50$ U.S is the rate?? Is this true? and will some of the people take you to spots to snorkle or explore the rocks on the way?
#4 does anywhere in Pedernales have vegetarian options??
Thanks in advance. Iam counting the days.

Feb 15, 2005
Buy your supplies in Perdenales. Use the hotel as your resources as they would know and send someone to buy what you need.
You should call ahead from home to your hotel and see how their English is and whether they can have someone wait for you near the (BOMBA) which is another word for gas station in DR. The BOMBA is on the main road as you enter the town of Perdenales.
You can drive to the entrance of Bahia but you will leave your SUV there as you can take a boat to Bahia.
As far as the rate, it may be $70 dollars $60 Euros. But you can share the ride if there are others there. Remember to take a sheet for cover, find a good tree.
Vegetarian? That's a tough one.