Casa De Conductores....Advise Anyone?

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Hi all.On renewing my car insurance with Pepin I was offered for 1500 pesos additional,the Casa De Conductores plan.I was told the big advantage is that a rep. from Pepin handles all of your paperwork should you be in an accident.If you or your car,Im not sure which one, is disabled Pepin will put you in a hotel for 5 nights.Am I understanding this correctly?Does Pepin actually come through when you need them?Is this plan worth the extra couple of bucks?

Thanks in advance

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If it does cover what you say, then it's money well spent.

I had a car stolen a couple of years ago. The hoops I had to jump through to get La Colonial to pay out were just unbelievable. It took nine months and two trips to Santo Domingo.

The main problem for me was that the matricula wasn't in my name. I understand that it will soon become mandatory to get your vehicle registered and the trapasso paid, which should help matters if your vehicle is a total loss or stolen.

Even still, if the insurance company can find any way to hinder payment, they will. If this service handles all the paperwork and red tape, then go for it.

I have now renewed my car insurance with my lawyer who is a broker for Monumental. My lawyer has assured me that she will handle everything in the event of a claim.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
The much bigger benefit from paying for the Casa de Conductores is that if you are involved in an injury accident, you don't go to spend some time in a ****hole Dominican police station or jail. Instead, you go directly to the Casa de Conductores. You can file your police report there, there are agents for the major insurance companies there, there is a magistrate, and it is comfortable and quiet. No outsiders or buscones or looky-loos, just you and the justice/insurance system. No uneducated, coarse, local cops, etc. And NO JAIL.

I have heard that almost any taxi or publico, if they have insurance, have it with Pepin. They bought their policy because it met the law's requirements, and was very cheap.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Pay the extra, it's worth out, I talk from experience :) Your right about the publico drivers using Pepin. It's low end and I wouldn't want them looking after me in a serious situation or one that required a large payout.

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Are you saying the Casa De Conductores plan is worth it but not with Pepin?What insurance agency do you recommend?

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
There is something good about Seguros Pepin I sadly had to experiment myself, their agents always show up quickly to pay the bail (or guarantee for that) so you can go home as soon as possible unlike other "big names" companies. They probably have such a large base of customer that they always have some agents at the court.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Los seguros de autos en la Republica Dominicana solamente cubren el monto de dinero asegurado de acuerdo al plan que tu escojas no importa que estos sean Full , analiza esto bien pues de acuerdo a tu estato financiero sera demandable siempre y cuando la persona agraviada se deje reprensentar por un buen abogado y se constituya en tercera persona si eres encontrado culpable tendras que pagar los danos de acuerdo a la demanda aprovada por el juez.
Ask your lowyer about this..
Demanda en tercera persona o da?os a terceros.