Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: claro tv update

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default claro tv update

had my first experience with a power outage,and subsequent inverter usage.
    was watching 60 min,when power went out,inverter came on,pic on tv went to pause,same as if I hit pause button on recorder,then within 5 to 10 sec,it continued with program,as if I had pressed continue button...did not lose any program.
    impressive.
    bob

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default claro tv update 2

another update for anyone contemplating claro yv in SD>
    It has changed the way I watch tv...I use the recorder now about all the time...as I record the programs I want to watch,and then watch them at my convienience.As an example,I like two and a half men....it comes on three different channels,at 3 different times.I have all of them programmed for record,and then when I am in,I watch them.
    I also like the late night shows,but cannot stay awake all the time,so again,I record for another viewing time.
    The signal also is very good and clear,and have not had any downtime with them.
    I am very happy at this time withn the service.
    bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarbob View Post
    another update for anyone contemplating claro yv in SD>
    It has changed the way I watch tv...I use the recorder now about all the time...as I record the programs I want to watch,and then watch them at my convienience.As an example,I like two and a half men....it comes on three different channels,at 3 different times.I have all of them programmed for record,and then when I am in,I watch them.
    I also like the late night shows,but cannot stay awake all the time,so again,I record for another viewing time.
    The signal also is very good and clear,and have not had any downtime with them.
    I am very happy at this time withn the service.
    bob
    FYI, we've had Claro TV for about 6 months now, trial and live. And all in all been good TBH.

Few minor pointers, should you be throttling your bandwidth on the computer, your recordings can come out spotty, and interrupted. Several minutes missing etc...

Fox got cancelled this week due to some internal disupte with Fox, can't tell you any more on that one....

All depends on what you want, its great for us, supports all the TVs in the house, I can grab all the stuff I need from the TV when Im out with the series link etc....

My main gripe has to be that the scheduling info is completely duff.... therefore the recordings in many cases will record the wrong shows. And also, scanning for what to watch is great, until you discover it is just finishing, not just starting!!!

Despite the bitch, its better than Tricom, and I imagine as they have time iron out the kinks, the service should only get better.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Fox got cancelled this week due to some internal disupte with Fox, can't tell you any more on that one....

my fox is channel 151 and has been on ok....I agree with you about the schedule,it is not always correct...

bob

Post Thanks / Like

Funny timing. I just saw this thread post on Claro TV. I was looking at their site and was surprised to see they had Fox (USA) on it. I even called to confirm that this was not the normal Fox Latin America. They reaffirmed that it was indeed Fox from the US, but made no mention that it was cancelled. Oh well. Wind telecom looks interesting, but they are not offering internet right now.
    We're moving in June so we have some time to see how things shake up.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard in a radio show that having Claro tv will also improve your internet flash speed. Could you confirm this?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BF1 View Post
    I've heard in a radio show that having Claro tv will also improve your internet flash speed. Could you confirm this?

do not know,as I am not a internet smart person...all I know is that my internet is never down,and I have no problems with my everyday usage...I do not download much,but my daughter with banda ancha does and is seems to be fast...
    bob

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default availability

is this available all over the island or just in certain area? i would love something different. I live in Costambar

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BF1 View Post
    That certainly would not be true for people who have Claro TV over the satellite dish - Internet not involved at all

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    That certainly would not be true for people who have Claro TV over the satellite dish - Internet not involved at all
    my claro tv comes in over the phone line...
    bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast