Wedding Cabarete, Sosua, Singles

Status
Not open for further replies.

koonz99

Mar 15, 2009
Hey all. My fiancee and I are looking to have a destination wedding next April. We have eyed up the Viva Wyndham tangerine. We have a lot of single friends, we were wondering if they would have a good time there. We just want a place that has a decent nightlife, not too crazy for the parents and not too couply. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I stayed there recently for a couple of nights, found it a rather small resort, and didn't find the "disco"/nightlife very good. In my opionion you'd have to go into town for a good "club".
But the beach was nice!!!

Jan 17, 2009
If you don't mind that it is not an AI, I would recommend El Velero. I have not attended a wedding there, but I live next door and have seen several weddings take place. I talked to a couple who got married there last year and they were extremely happy. The posted a review of their wedding experience on tripadvisor (We got married in this magical place - Review of Velero Beach, Cabarete, Dominican Republic - TripAdvisor). It's located at the opposite end of Cabarete than Viva, it's a nice and quiet area, much better for swimming, less windy, gorgeous grounds and pool overlooking the ocean. It's perfect for your family members and very close to downtown Cabarete for your friends to have a good time.

kingofbanff

Jan 4, 2007
I had friends stay at Tangerine. They ate one meal there and decided to eat the rest of their two weeks at real restaurants. They sure did take advantage of the all inclusive bar!

I got married at Velero and they did an awesome job. It was shockingly cheap also. They do a lot of weddings and have it all figured out. Mario the general manager really knows his stuff.

Velero is at the quiet end of the beach. Perfect for the parents and yet only 5 minutes walk to the "party bars".

Whatever you choose, good luck!

thelady

Dec 16, 2007
check out the ocean village in sousa, absoulutly beautiful place for a wedding, down by the beach. these are condo vacation rentals, but I think the resturant and wedding area may be available even if your not renting there. these are very nice condos as well. on the east side of Sousa

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
I had friends stay at Tangerine. They ate one meal there and decided to eat the rest of their two weeks at real restaurants. They sure did take advantage of the all inclusive bar!

I got married at Velero and they did an awesome job. It was shockingly cheap also. They do a lot of weddings and have it all figured out. Mario the general manager really knows his stuff.

Velero is at the quiet end of the beach. Perfect for the parents and yet only 5 minutes walk to the "party bars".

Whatever you choose, good luck!

What is an average cost run about for a wedding at Velero?

Status
Not open for further replies.