Natural Horsemanship, Parelli!

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
I live on the north coast and was wondering if there are any other natural trainers/riders out there.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Do you mean riding bareback, without a saddle?

You can talk with Angela, 829-216-1006 that owns Paraiso del Caballo up the El Choco road. She speaks French and Spanish. This is a very good horse boarding stable that offers horse and rider training. Several of the horses boarded with them are for sale. www.paraisodelcaballo@gmail.com

This is Guillermo, Angela's partner, riding our new stallion bareback. He makes it look soooo easy.

idgho0.jpg

If you mean something else, PM me. :cheeky:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Parelli.

I had to look this up. I think that Angela uses this approch with all the horses that board with her and explains to me some of her skills/approch while I observed her training riders and horses. She is very much in touch with both.

Good luck.

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I fully concur with Ringo's opinions on the quality and care shown by Angela and Guillermo at Paraiso del Caballo. I was fortunate to be invited to view the horses in their care and see their impeccable yard a couple of weeks ago and was impressed, not only by the quality, but also their training and care methods which were obvious by the contentment and condition of the horses.
When I explained and later showed photographs of damaged hooves of my rescue horse, Coco, they offered to travel out to our finca. Guillermo is an excellent blacksmith and applied 4 orthopaedic shoes and, he and Angela, gave their recommendations of treatment to assist her hooves to grow naturally and back to health. At approx. 7 years of age, Coco had never had shoes applied before and, although she is gentle and accommodating, Guillermo showed patience and care in order that she felt happy and comfortable with this new experience and at no point did he attempt to 'rush' to get the job finished. These folks love and appreciation of horses in evident throughout and I would have no hesistation in recommending them.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Not to step on anybodies toes here, but riding bareback has nothing to do with natural horsemanship.
Looking at the picture...are those spurs????

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
You are not stepping on my toes Reese. I think that if you read my second post you will see that I looked up the term Parelli and corrected myself not being familiar with this term. I/we have not owned horses for over 30 years so have some new learning to do. So stepping on my toes will be easy, please do so lightly. lol

Guillermo is wearing blunt stud spurs in the above photo. He had been working other horses and I do not know why he had them on and will not speculate. I had noticed the spurs and watched while he worked Sereno and our other horse while the Vet and I watched. The spurs never got close to them.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
My wife and I spent several hours up at Paraiso del Caballo, again, talking with and learning from Angela and Guillermo and getting information striaght from the horses mouth... so to speak.

To answer the OP and with the permission from Angela and Guillermo.

They both have studied and apply the Parelli methods. Angela worked with Monty Roberts, author, in Solvang CA as well as others. (The name means nothing to me as I am still learning.)

They also have studied and use Shiatsu for the horses. I had seen the book in French, open on a table, but wanted to verify their and my understanding before posting.

They do have riding classes and will provide the horse and tack if you do not have. I do not know the charges. We saw lessons with a young lady under 10 years and another being 14 years of age, each at different times and had the full attention of Angela that spent a lot of time and patience on the interaction between the horse and rider. I will also take lessons, Paso Fino riding is different from my long ago cowboy style riding.

They do not have email at their place at this time, so they go to an internet cafe when they can, so emails may not be answered. Phone numbers: 829-216-1006 and 809-507-4013. French, Italian, Spanish and a very little English.

We look forward to a long association while re-learning and having fun.