Edenorte Problems - BE ADVISED

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I was sent a bill in February (the usual 9000 pesos more or less) and it included a 330 peso reconnection charge. I refused to pay the 330 because I'd never been disconnected and it was obviously a mistake. I asked for a reclamation note and was refused one despite the usual half an hour's shouting and stamping my feet.

The next bill didn't have ANYTHING outstanding just the current amount but when I went to pay they said I still owed 330 pesos (not on the current bill) PLUS a further 330 pesos for non payment of the 330 pesos.

We 'phoned Edenorte who claim that their new system highlights late payments (something I've never done) and now I owe 990 pesos PLUS the other 330 pesos that I didn't pay for all the times they have disconnected and then reconnected my electricity supply.

We 'phoned Protecom who seem to have somewhat lost their bite - Advise was to pay because Edenorte can "cut you off without you noticing"

Non-Payment (Of course) means another 330 peso charge and immediate disconnection.

I'm advised that all these charges will appear on mine (and yours) bills next month.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

tsg

Mar 25, 2007
I would like to know how to get connected. January 20th. I went to the Edenorte office in Sosua with all the info needed for a contract and they told me to be patient and to come back in a few days.
They still tell me that.
The other day they came with a bill but that must have been for someone else, because I am still waiting for my contract to be ready and I am still not connected.

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Electrickery

Eddy Naughty up to their money making tricks again

I always pay my bill on time - only this month there was no invoice delivered. I went to the Sosua office to pay and there were so many people waiting that I decided to go back later - next thing we know - we are cut off!

Again, I went to the office. Carlos (very nice man) told me that if you do not get an invoice/bill you should go to the office and get a duplicate. The delivery of the bills is contracted out to a third party, the connection/disconnection is also contracted out - so really - no one knows what is happening and Eddy Naughty has no control of it's so called services.

Very frustrating but lesson learned!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We have them email our bills so we know about 3 days before the actual paper delivery. This gives us a chance to study the bill and pay before the crowds.

Good luck.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The people with Edenorte in Sosua must be something else, here in Santiago I have been late more than once paying my bill and never had to pay any penalties. I did have my power cut once but that was because they connected the power and told me they would send me a bill, which they never did, and besides I had power for 4 months until they cut it. I will say that the if the comment that "shouting" and "stamping feet" is literal, this is a counterproductive way to get things done here in the DR as it is not well received. I suggest a more subtle yet still firm approach.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Pay in Advance? ? ? - "Successfull"?

I've devised a so far "succesfull" [?] method of dealing wtih Edenorte:

1. Ask for you bills to be emailed to you; it will be emailed most of the time;
2. pay 2 - 4 - 6 months in advance. I must go to 'customer service" & usually wait 10" - 15". A 1 on 1 conference with a [usually] pleaseant female clerk. Each new bill reflects the fact that I have a credit balance, usaully the accurate amount.
3. I receive no discount for paying in advance; I should.
4. Edenorte will not accept credit cards for advance payments??
5. Edenorte will accept credit cards for current o/s amounts??

The alternative? Pay each month; wait on line 30 - 45"; BRING CASH; make sure you pay on time, bill received or not.
"Successfull"? "All reality is subjective." [Plato]