the frustration of wanting to leave!!!

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
We want to leave but obviously can't, is their any way anyone has found to get out without the long onslaught of BS. We are expecting a baby in 4 months and I really want my child born in my home country.
Anyone any success, even a backhander in the right direction?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Sorry have not been following

We want to leave but obviously can't, is their any way anyone has found to get out without the long onslaught of BS. We are expecting a baby in 4 months and I really want my child born in my home country.

And you can't leave because? no visa for the baby's mother? your wife? Dominicana? More of the story?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes but if the baby is due in 4 months it is just a matter of time before no airline will allow his wife to fly. FTR Iberia is less stringent, they let me fly one week short of 8 months.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
The baby gets a UK passport wherever he/she is born. (If you are British)

My worry was that the baby would not be born in Yorkshire and might end up having to play cricket for Lancashire - or even Leicestershire or worse (!?) The shame of it all!
But I think they relaxed that rule....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

scrubmuncher, if people knew of a backdoor/backhander method, they would be unlikely to post it here. Effectively, you're talking about the British Embassy, not some guy who can help you get a local permit a bit quicker than most. And if you get PMs from people who 'know just the guy'...I'd be very careful in case they are lacking in.....sincerity. And if there are people with sufficient good reputation on here who also know a way of doing this, I doubt very much if they would extend that info to a guy who posts on DR1 that he has an illegal gun.........because they would wonder where their info was going. I wish you well & I don't mean to offend but I honestly feel more sagacious posting would be to your benefit.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
The baby gets a UK passport wherever he/she is born. (If you are British)

My worry was that the baby would not be born in Yorkshire and might end up having to play cricket for Lancashire - or even Leicestershire or worse (!?) The shame of it all!
But I think they relaxed that rule....

OP, as stated before, we need to know that nature of your issue for leaving and giving birth in another country.

We are currently in the application of applying for UK Visa for my wife to visit the UK before the birth (and also before she is unable to travel), and nothing in the application and forms asks about pregnancy or so forth... the forms for the Visa are processed in NY and the application only made in DR??

Also, to pedrochemical....... mi varon will be a Red Rose cricketer without doubt, despite his mileage from the home land (and his half-Dominican heritage!) However, playing for Leicestershire... I lived there for 6 years....I can understand why you'd never want your child to live or work there...........!!!! jajaja

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

What is the big rush? Is your wife having complications? Two of my three daughters were born here, both by cesarian without complications. The medical care here is more than sufficient (at privat clinics) to handle this and I doubt it is a big deal to get you childs citizenship papers done quickly.

There are other ways to get out of the country but they are very expensive and not legal and at what cost?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There are other ways to get out of the country but they are very expensive and not legal and at what cost?

Now THAT idea appeals to me greatly Chip - scrubmuncher hiring a yola to cross the Atlantic!! :cheeky: :pirate:

Let me know (by PM of course so that it remains perfectly secret :ermm:) how much this costs & I might put the ante up myself ;) :paranoid: :surprised !!

As we know, Embassy & Consulate officials of H.M's Government read this forum so I think scrubmuncher has greatly reduced his chances of getting a visa for his wife by suggesting he is prepared to make a 'back-hander'. ALL the UK Government officials will now be worried about being accused of possibly being in receipt of bribes to make this Visa to UK for his wife happen. :ermm: ~ Grahame

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i presume the problem is a dominican wife, no? she may actually prefer to give birth in DR surrounded by family who can help her out (especially if this is the first one).
there is no fast track way to get the visa, i believe.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My Wifw Has Had 3 "C-Sections" Here!

Mother and children all doing just fine!
The DR is a place to live
. The DR is a GREAT place to live if you have LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I am tired of POOR expats crying because the can?t afford the "GOOD LIFE" here!
The DR is not for poor people!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Reactions: MikeFisher

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009
el naturel???

does any one have any info in natural births (i mean the service of doctors and nurses)...i thoought that was more common in DR??

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
does any one have any info in natural births (i mean the service of doctors and nurses)...i thoought that was more common in DR??

more common???
heck,
it is just usual to give birth and birth and again and again,
something the Gals on the Isle are very experienced with.
yeap, over here i would call that 'naturally', lol.

to the OP:
why to start thinking about such case so late??
if the pregnancy is in the final stage, heck, let her throw the ball here and get the papers afterwards, such is no prob.

if it's b/c again such non-plans runout of bucks, just see CC's answer to it.
Mike