Source of large glass bottles?

solisdad2000

Aug 31, 2005
Hi. I thought I'd sent this already but I can't find it - perhaps a result of exhaustion as a result of trying to complete becoming a Domicano!!!!

So, at risk of duplication ...

Does anyone now where I can buy some empty (new or old) LARGE GLASS bottles? I need something that can hold a gollon (or more) or as near to it as possible. I don't need a top as corks are easy to buy. Bottles must be clean or able to be cleaned and must be transparent and colourless.

The largest modern whiskey bottles will do so if anyone knows of someone who has some ready to dispose of, I'm happy to do a deal.

If recommending a shop, Santo Domingo is easiest for me but Santiago will do.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

M

MirianAmor

Hi. I thought I'd sent this already but I can't find it - perhaps a result of exhaustion as a result of trying to complete becoming a Domicano!!!!

Does anyone now where I can buy some empty (new or old) LARGE GLASS bottles? I need something that can hold a gollon (or more) or as near to it as possible. I don't need a top as corks are easy to buy. Bottles must be clean or able to be cleaned and must be transparent and colourless.

The largest modern whiskey bottles will do so if anyone knows of someone who has some ready to dispose of, I'm happy to do a deal.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

Find one of the beer bottle recycling places. They should have what you are looking for but the bottles you refer to are American half gallon not one gallon. Otherwise, there is the Bermudez Glass factory which is at Kilo 28 as you leave Santo Domingo towards Santiago - on the right.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Normally, there are people called "botelleros" that collect glass. If you can find one of these people i am sure that they will have what you need.

HB

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

For the same purpose I am using a small fish tank.

solisdad2000

Aug 31, 2005
Thanks to all - though the fish tank idea is not appropriate to my needs.

Strangely, I accidentally bumped into what I needed while partying for Semana Santa!

Cheers!