Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SF01 Solar 'Protector' Security Floodlight With PIR/Motion Sensor

Does anyone have any knowledge/ experience of this SF01 Solar 'Protector' Security Floodlight With PIR/Motion Sensor? The details can be found at Solar Illuminations Solar Security Floodlights (Motion Sensor)

My problem is that my large security lights which are 220v do not operate when I have no street power. Fortunately, the street power is usually on overnight but there are times when it is not and my whole yard area is then in complete darkness. In your opinion, would this type of light system (which sounds very reasonably priced) overcome me 'freaking out' at being home alone in the dark?
    Last edited by whirleybird; 03-22-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

change the flood lights to low power consumption lights, get an inverter is your best option for constant power

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    change the flood lights to low power consumption lights, get an inverter is your best option for constant power
    We have 2 inverters with loads of batteries but was trying to think 'outside of the box' by having something independent just in case power is off so long that they fail too.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They look like a good idea Whirley. I think I've seen something similar in Price Smart Santiago, although not when I went last week.

You might be better off if you can source them there because if you were to buy those ones in the link, the shipping could be prohibitive due to the weight of the batteries inside them.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    They look like a good idea Whirley. I think I've seen something similar in Price Smart Santiago, although not when I went last week.

You might be better off if you can source them there because if you were to buy those ones in the link, the shipping could be prohibitive due to the weight of the batteries inside them.
    The cost of the unit was $59.99 but the cost of the shipping to here was an additional $50 so I was rather hoping that someone coming here via Florida may bring me one.

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a motion sensor light for outside the main gates of our house. Bought it here. It came on when there was no one outside and went off as soon as people approached. Dominican backwards!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    We had a motion sensor light for outside the main gates of our house. Bought it here. It came on when there was no one outside and went off as soon as people approached. Dominican backwards!!!
    That was what I was afraid of..... but just hoping that there might be one that would do what I desperately need.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ?

Did you read the last few lines of the descrription? This unit comes with a 10watt light bulb Although it says it will illuminate a 30'x30' area it holds no claim to how bright that area will be.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Did you read the last few lines of the descrription? This unit comes with a 10watt light bulb Although it says it will illuminate a 30'x30' area it holds no claim to how bright that area will be.
    As long as it is brighter than pitch dark, I would be happy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

As an interim measure have you looked into battery operated LED lights which you press the front to illiminate? Come with sticky backs so you can install anywhere? This sort of thing
    Battery Operated White LED Puck Light (Set of 3) - Buy Now

or the motion activated type?
    Motion-activated LED Light from Ginny's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast