Transferring your money over thru a bank..

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed or even I asked the question here already. Anyhow, I'm curious if there are any banks that will allow you to have an account in the DR while in the states and at the same time allow you to deposit your money in the states and ending in the DR account. Understood?

Also, would I have to be in the DR to open the account or (hmm...the money I think about it...it seems obvious). I suppose I could have someone else open an account in their name but that probably wouldn't work, would it? Anyway, any info will be apprecaited.

Thanks,
DR_DEFENDER

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
If I understand you correct, you are looking for a bank that has branches in both the States and DR. The only one I know of is Banco Popular. I think the DR branches and States branches are affiliated. You probably need to live in NYC or Miami to have a Banco Popular close to where you live. Even still, I am not sure they can do what you are looking for. If you open the account in the US, it may be strictly a US account.

If you just need to transfer from a bank in the States to a bank in DR, that's no problem. Just come to DR and open an account & get the bank's SWIFT code and address. As for depositing your money in an account in somebody else's name, ... What do you think?

Read the recent link below for information about opening a bank account in DR. It can be difficult.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/88313-non-domincan-opening-bank-account.html