inactive Claro cell phone question

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I have a cell phone with Claro and will be away for 5-6 months. Can anyone who has tried this tell me if you can just let your peso card time expire and after several months, purchase a new card and be ready to go with the same phone number?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
word has it that you need to replenish your phone with peso cards every 30-90 days otherwise they will de-activate your phone. I did go once 3 months without doing anything and when I came back to DR my phone was still active....but since you are looking at 5-6 months i would bet it would be de-activated.
can you get a hold of someone @ Claro to verify this for you?
or leave the phone with a trusted individual who will replenish your phone with 50 peso cards to at least keep it active until your return? just a thought....

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
You can pay it in Codetel-office to make sure you still have it open with same number. They offered that kind of service to our friends beeing out about 9 months.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Claro

I have been out of the country for 5 months recently and when I returned I was able to reactivate my phone with a new Claro Phone Card.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Claro...........it works like this,
if you get a 100 pesos card it will last for a month, after that period if you dont get another card your phone get into parcial suspension which last for 3 months
it gives you a total of 4 months before u lost your number

Since u will be out for longer try to get someone to buy you an electronic card(just giving your phone number they can recharge it) at the end of the 4 months so you can keep your number for another 4 months

:)