Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default inactive Claro cell phone question

I have a cell phone with Claro and will be away for 5-6 months. Can anyone who has tried this tell me if you can just let your peso card time expire and after several months, purchase a new card and be ready to go with the same phone number?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

word has it that you need to replenish your phone with peso cards every 30-90 days otherwise they will de-activate your phone. I did go once 3 months without doing anything and when I came back to DR my phone was still active....but since you are looking at 5-6 months i would bet it would be de-activated.
    can you get a hold of someone @ Claro to verify this for you?
    or leave the phone with a trusted individual who will replenish your phone with 50 peso cards to at least keep it active until your return? just a thought....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can pay it in Codetel-office to make sure you still have it open with same number. They offered that kind of service to our friends beeing out about 9 months.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Claro

I have been out of the country for 5 months recently and when I returned I was able to reactivate my phone with a new Claro Phone Card.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Claro...........it works like this,
    if you get a 100 pesos card it will last for a month, after that period if you dont get another card your phone get into parcial suspension which last for 3 months
    it gives you a total of 4 months before u lost your number

Since u will be out for longer try to get someone to buy you an electronic card(just giving your phone number they can recharge it) at the end of the 4 months so you can keep your number for another 4 months