CLARO Text messaging..please help!

swanjoana

Mar 9, 2009
Hello

Does anyone else have trouble sending and receiving texts with Claro customers to the United States? MY sister tries to send me a text with her Claro phone but I do not receive them when they are sent and...when I try to send her a text on my verizon phone it tells me the number is a landline when it isn't. Any idea how I can fix this? Is there a specific code I need to enter/she needs to enter in order to send texts between DR and United States numbers on Claro?

Thanks in advance

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Ask your company if they support the text message with claro or tell your sister to ask claro if they do with your phone company...

international text sms doesnt work with all the cellphone companies

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I can fix 1/2 of your problem.
To send her messages for free. go to Claro que tienes ms
at the bottom right of the page, you will see a phone. Just put in her cell number without 1 example: 809 555 5555
type in the message below and then hit the green send key. just follow instructions. she will get a message for free. Now you may have a text message block on your cell phone plan.
AZB

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Hello

Does anyone else have trouble sending and receiving texts with Claro customers to the United States? MY sister tries to send me a text with her Claro phone but I do not receive them when they are sent and...when I try to send her a text on my verizon phone it tells me the number is a landline when it isn't. Any idea how I can fix this? Is there a specific code I need to enter/she needs to enter in order to send texts between DR and United States numbers on Claro?

Thanks in advance

Are you ensuring that you are text +1 then 809/829, otherwise the message is likely to get lost in the US messaging system, and you wont even get an error message back. Same applied to texting to the US.

As I understand it, Claro has no issue sending/receiving texts here, but there still may exist provider issues which are stopping them getting through.

Steve

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I can send and receive text messages with Claro to/from Verizon and AT&T in the states...I have a Blackberry and data plan, not sure of that makes a difference. Also works when Im in the US, by the way.

swanjoana

Mar 9, 2009
Re: David

y 11:47 PM
DavidZ I can send and receive text messages with Claro to/from Verizon and AT&T in the states...I have a Blackberry and data plan, not sure of that makes a difference. Also works when Im in the US, by the way.

David,

I have a Blackberry World Edition here under Verizon ...are you able to send to 829 Claro phone numbers? That is what I'm trying to do and it tells me it is a landline. I have no problem texting people with Orange in DR but for some reason its not working. Is there anything specific you type in AND are you under a plan or prepaid Claro phone(which is what my sister has). Her texts go through but I never receive them and it wont allow me to send to her.

I have been using the phone option on the Claro website but I would like her to be able to reply to me lol.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I am on a Claro monthly plan, so 829 numbers are "local" for me. My number begins with 929. People with US based cell phnes can text me and I can text back...When I had Verizon in the US, I had to sign up for an international plan to use my phone here. Even though you have a world phone, maybe you need to sign up for Int'l texting or something.

DBU

Jan 17, 2009
Does Orange offer this?

Anyone been able to send free text messages (SMS) from a website to a DR based Orange phone (809)?

I can fix 1/2 of your problem.
To send her messages for free. go to Claro que tienes ms
at the bottom right of the page, you will see a phone. Just put in her cell number without 1 example: 809 555 5555
type in the message below and then hit the green send key. just follow instructions. she will get a message for free. Now you may have a text message block on your cell phone plan.
AZB