Government Nominee Sponsor Program

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Hi

Has anyone every tried to bring a family member to Canada, through this program. In Saskatchewan it is called SNIP and you can only sponsor a brother, sister, mother or father, you can not use it for your spouse. THe applicant has to be able to work once here, but does not specify at what. I am jsut wondering if anyone has tried this program or another one like. We are trying to get my husband's brother here and the visitor visa is not working we were denied twice.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Skills and education

I wasn't familiar with this so I went digging for the info. Taken from Family Members - Immigration -

Eligibility

To be considered for the SINP Family Members Category, you must:
  1. Be between 18 - 49 years old.
  2. Have a signed affidavit of support from one or more family members living in Saskatchewan (SINP-500-22).
  3. Have completed post-secondary education, training, or apprenticeship of at least one year in length and have a diploma, a certificate, or a degree.
  4. Have at least one year of work experience in your field of education or training.
  5. Have the English language ability either to do the job you have been offered by a Saskatchewan employer or to get a job in your field of education or training.
  6. Have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Saskatchewan Employer. (Live-in caregivers cannot apply under this category.) or intend to find full-time, permanent work in Saskatchewan and have enough money to live in the province for a short time without work after arrival ($10,000 for you and $2,000 for each accompanying family member).

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
thanks Anna

we are good with all the requirements I was just hoping someone else had gone through this who give me a little insight. I guess we will jsut start the papers and see what happens.