Heart attack

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
I'm curious what treatments people receive that can't afford a stent or angioplasty. I know a fellow that just had a heart attack. 65 yrs. old with blockage in one vessel. Luckily he was at a clinic when the actual attack occurred and was supposedly dead for a few mins. Do they just put him on blood thinner for a few days and send him home?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I'm curious what treatments people receive that can't afford a stent or angioplasty. I know a fellow that just had a heart attack. 65 yrs. old with blockage in one vessel. Luckily he was at a clinic when the actual attack occurred and was supposedly dead for a few mins. Do they just put him on blood thinner for a few days and send him home?

There was a 72 year old male that went to Pop where they diagnosed a more severe problem and sent him to Santiago to put in a stent but he died on the table.

Aspirin is the common thinner.

I was told he had good care in Santiago but ,I wonder if he was ALLOWED to fly back to Canada , and was treated there, would he have survived.

Last edited:

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
It must have been a severe problem. I think they only use stents for 1 blockage. If there are multiple blocks they probably still do bypass. I just wonder what care an older person receives with no insurance. My friend was supposedly dead for several minutes at the clinic, had an IV for several days and is now home. I'm very worried this could reoccur and he not be so fortunate.