Restaurant reopened

aross

Nov 15, 2007
The restaurant at Hideway Beach is open again as Chez Arsenio, and it is open to the public. Despite the rain, so we had to sit behind the plastic curtains, the setting is fantastic right on the beach. Ate there last night with some friends and great food, great ambience and terrific service from Arsenio himself. Menus not printed up yet but the Lobster, Curried Chicken and Sea Bass were all very good and the presentation of the Bananas Flambe was quite a show, and delicious.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
may one ask the region of price, not that Im too bothered by these things but people that might come with me might be ...is it $ , $$ or $$

aross

Nov 15, 2007
may one ask the region of price, not that Im too bothered by these things but people that might come with me might be ...is it $ , $$ or $$[/QUOTE

There were 4 of us and we all had full meals with a bottle of wine shared by 2, 2 cocktails, 2 beer, 2 deserts and the total bill came to just under $2,700 RD including the 16% but not including the 10%. So around $20 US per person plus tip.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
gracias - all I need to know now is where it is lol- I think I saw a sign for hideaway beach but not entirely sure Im in the right place- and would they need advance warning of a party of 8-12

aross

Nov 15, 2007
gracias - all I need to know now is where it is lol- I think I saw a sign for hideaway beach but not entirely sure Im in the right place- and would they need advance warning of a party of 8-12

Coming from Cabarete, there is a street off to the right just after Coconut Palms. There is a new Plantain Finca on the N E corner and a big sign hanging over the road for Chez Asenio and also an old sign for Hideway Beach. Go down the road and about 1/4 mile on left is the entrance into Hideway Beach. Go in there and follow the signs.

At this point in time I suspect there will be no problem showing up with a party of 8 but I suppose better safe than sorry and call ahead. Hopefully someone else reading these posts will be able to post the phone number.

Enjoy

BIG JOE

May 11, 2009
Do they only speak Spanish here? Also, does anyone know Kellie Cruz here. old friend who told me of Chez Arsenio.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
They speak english. The food is great . The owner used to be the Chef at Cabaret East I think. We have been there 3 times and have not had a bad meal.